List of Important Days in December 2021 with Themes PDF Download: National and International: December month is the 12th and last month of the year. December month also marks the beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere. December word is derived from the “Decem” (it is a Latin word) which means 10. In the ancient Roman calendar, the word Decem defines the 10th month. In this article, you will find the list of important national and international days in December 2021 with their themes below.
- We have provided a list of important days of national and international importance for December 2021 with themes, celebrations, history, significance and so on. This list will help you in the preparation of examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC GD Constable, SSC MTS, RRB Group D, RRB NTPC Exams. and also will enhance your General knowledge.
Important Days and Dates in December 2021
|Date||Name of Important Days||Theme|
|1 December||World AIDS Day||End inequalities. End AIDS|
|2 December||National Pollution Control Day||–|
|2 December||International Day for the |
Abolition of Slavery
|Ending Slavery’s Legacy |
of Racism: A Global
Imperative for Justice
|3 December||World Day of the Handicapped|
|4 December||Indian Navy Day|
|4 December||International Day of Banks|
|5 December||International Volunteer Day||Volunteer now for our |
|5 December||World Soil Day||Halt soil salinization, boost|
|7 December||Armed Forces Flag Day|
|7 December||International Civil Aviation Day||Advancing Innovation for |
Global Aviation Development
|9 December||International Anti-Corruption |
|Your right, your role: say no|
|10 December||Human Rights Day||Equality – Reducing |
|11 December||International Mountain Day|
|12 December||International Universal |
Health Coverage Day
|Leave No One Behind When |
It Comes to Health: Invest
in Health Systems for All
|12 December||International Day of Neutrality|
|14 December||National Energy Conservation |
|16 December||Vijay Diwas|
|18 December||Minorities Rights Day in India|
|18 December||International Migrants Day|
|19 December||Goa’s Liberation Day|
|20 December||International Human Solidarity |
|22 December||National Mathematics Day|
|23 December||Kisan Diwas|
|24 December||National Consumer Rights Day|
|25 December||Christmas Day|
|25 December||Good Governance Day (India)|
|31 December||New Year’s Eve|
- Every year, World AIDS Day is observed on 1st December across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about AIDS/HIV and to educate people globally.
- James W. Bunn and Thomas Netter conceived World AIDS Day for the Global Programme on AIDS in 1987.
- The theme of World AIDS Day 2021 is: ‘End inequalities. End AIDS’.
- It is observed on 2nd December every year across the world. it aims to raise awareness regarding modern slavery that works against human rights
- The theme 2021 is “Ending Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for Justice”. focusing on the global movement to end injustices whose roots lie in the slave trade.
- Every year, National Pollution Control Day is observed on 2 December in the country. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the problem caused by increasing pollution.
- The main purpose of this day is to make citizens aware regarding pollution and also is to make them educate about the causes of the pollution such as water, air, soil, noise and affect the environment and obviously health.
- Every year, the International Day of Banks is observed on 4th December by the United Nations. it aims to recognise the importance of multilateral and international development banks in financing sustainable developments.
- Every year, International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development is observed on 5th December across the world. it aims to make an opportunity to volunteer-involving organisations and individual volunteers to promote volunteerism.
- Every year, the day of December 5th is observed as World Soil Day across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about soil degradation. It also marks the importance of soil for all terrestrial life.
- Every year, Armed Forces Flag Day is observed on 7th December in the country. the main purpose of this day is to honour the soldiers, sailors and airmen of India.
- This day also commemorates the welfare of serving personnel and ex-servicemen and also rehabilitate battle casualties or reminds us about the martyrs and the men who fought with bravery on the borders to safeguard the country’s honour.
- Every year, The International Civil Aviation Day is observed on December 7 across the world. the main purpose of this day is to aware people regarding the importance of international civil aviation organisations in air travel across the globe.
- It also commemorates worldwide consciousness about the contribution of international civil aviation to social and economic development.
- Every year, International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on 9th December across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness of the importance of getting rid of corruption.
- Corruption affects every area in our society and it also prevents corruption unlocks progress towards sustainable development goals.
- Every year, The International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime is observed on 9th December.
- The main objective of this day is to raise awareness of the Genocide Convention and its role in combating and preventing the crime of genocide, as defined in the Convention.
- This day also commemorates and honours its victims.
- Every year, Human Rights Day is observed on 10th December across the world to honour the day in 1948 when the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- The main purpose of this day is to encourage countries to create equal opportunities for everyone and address the issues of inequality, exclusion and discrimination.
- Every year, Universal Health Coverage Day is observed on 12th December to remind us to renew global efforts to ensure that people have access to health care when they need it.
- This day also highlights gaps in ensuring that everyone, everywhere, has access to the health care they require, close to home and without financial burden.
- Every year, the International Day of Neutrality is observed on 12th December across the world. the main purpose of the International Day of Neutrality is to make Peace and friendly relations between the countries are a must for the well being of citizens.
Important Days and Dates in December 2021: FAQs
What is the theme of World AIDS Day 2021?
The Theme 2021 For World AIDS Day Is “End Inequalities. End AIDS”.
When is National Mathematics Day observed?
National Mathematics Day Is observed On 22 December every year, this day marks the Birth Anniversary Of The Famous Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
What is the theme of World Day of the Handicapped 2021?
The Theme 2021 For World Day Of The Handicapped Is “Leadership And Participation Of Persons With Disabilities Toward An Inclusive, Accessible And Sustainable Post-COVID-19 World.”
When is World AIDS Day observed?
World AIDS Day is observed On 1st December every year. it aims to Raise Awareness About HIV And A Call To Move Towards Ending The HIV Epidemic.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.