International Tea Day – International Tea Day is observed on 15 December every year across the world by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). It aims to create awareness of the deep cultural and economic significance of tea around the globe. This day also plays a role in promoting the importance of fighting hunger and poverty. however, it is to be noted that May 21 was also specified as International Tea Day.
The Day promotes and fosters collective actions to implement activities in favour of the sustainable production and consumption of tea and increase awareness of its importance in fighting hunger and poverty.
International Tea Day Date
There is a lot of confusion over the exact date of International Tea Day. The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed December 15 as International Tea Day, But, The day of May 21 was also designated as International Tea Day.
International Tea Day 2023: History
- The United Nations General Assembly started celebrating May 21 as International Tea Day based on a proposal moved by India in October month 2015. Before the year 2019, this day was celebrated on 15 December by nations such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Uganda, India and Tanzania.
International Tea Day Theme 2023
International Tea Day 2023 theme is “Bee engaged in pollinator-friendly agricultural production”.
Why drink tea?
Tea is a beverage made from the Camellia Sinensis plant. Tea is known as the world’s most consumed drink. It is said that tea originated in northeast India, north Myanmar and southwest China, however, the exact place where the plant first grew is still unknown. The tea was consumed in China 5,000 years ago.
World Tea Day 2023 Quotes
- ‘There is hope when there is tea.’ –Arthur Wing Pinero
- ‘Some individuals will claim that a cup of tea has a lot of poetry and lovely feeling.’ –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ‘Like tea, we don’t really understand our own strength until we are submerged in hot water.’ –Sister Busche
- ‘For the English, tea is just an indoor picnic.’ –Alice Walker
- ‘Tea will always be the preferred beverage of the cerebral, despite being mocked by people who are inherently course in their anxious sensitivities.’ –Thomas de Quincey
- ‘Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.’ –Sydney Smith
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers