National Mathematics Day 2021 – Every year, Indian celebrates National Mathematics Day on 22nd December in the country. the day marks the birth anniversary of famous mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. in 2021, India is observing the 134th birth anniversary of Ramanujan.
- The main purpose of the National Mathematics Day is to create awareness of the development of mathematics and its importance in the growth of humanity.
National Mathematics Day 2021: History
- In 2012, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh announced to observe 22nd December as National Mathematics Day and on that day, the 125th anniversary of the birth of the Indian mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan (22nd December 1887- 26th Aprril 1920).
- Ramanujan’s ideas have transformed and reshaped 20th-century mathematics. and also has been shaping the mathematics of the 21st century.
Know About Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Srinivasa Ramanujan was born on 22nd December 1887 at Erode, Tamil Nadu and belonged to a Tamil Brahmin Iyengar family.
- In 1903, He studied at the Government College in Kumbakonam.
- Ramanujan worked as a clerk in the Madras Port Trust in 1912 and Ramanujan was referred to Professor GH Hardy of Trinity College, Cambridge University.
- He received a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in 1916 and was elected to the London Mathematical Society in 1917.
- He was the 1st Indian who was elected a Fellow of Trinity College.
- In 2015, ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity’ movie was launched which highlights the mathematician’s life and journey towards establishing the famed mathematical theories.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.