National Consumer Rights Day 2021 – Every year, National Consumer Rights Day is observed on 24th December. it is also called National Consumer Day. this day also marks when the Consumer Protection Act 1986 received Presidential assent and came into force in 1986.
- The main objective of this day is to ensure consumers with effective safeguards against different types of exploitation, such as defective goods, deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.
Consumer Rights in India:
Consumer Protection Act ensures 6 basic rights to consumers they are:
- right to choose the product;
- right to be protected from all kinds of hazardous goods;
- right to be informed about the performance and quality of all products;
- right to be heard in all decision-making processes related to consumer interests;
- right to seek redressal, whenever consumer rights have been infringed;
- right to complete consumer education.
World Consumer Rights Day
- World Consumer Rights Day is observed on 15th March every year across the world. it is similar to National Consumer Rights Day and has the same purpose like National Consumer Rights Day.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.