International Day of Neutrality 2022: Theme, History, and Significance – Every year, the International Day of Neutrality is observed on 12th December across the world. International Day of Neutrality is a day when people look at the possibility of a world free of armed and other types of conflicts.
- In 2017, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the day of advocating and campaigning for intra-state peaceful relations. Switzerland serves as the perfect example of neutrality.
International Day of Neutrality 2022: Theme
- United Nations focuses on “Preventive diplomacy”, which is the diplomatic action for preventing disputes from escalating into conflicts, as well as limiting the spread of conflicts; as well as “mediate” in inter and intra-state conflicts at all stages, and “peacekeeping”.
International Day of Neutrality 2022: History
- The United Nations General Assembly decided to establish without a vote resolution 71/275, December 12 as the International Day of Neutrality proposed by Turkmenistan on 2nd February 2017.
- The country was recognized by the United Nations as a permanently neutral state since December 1995.
Peace and Cooperation official website Neutrality defines
- “the legal situation derived from the abstention of a State from any participation in a war between States, the maintenance of an attitude of impartiality towards the belligerents and the recognition by the belligerents of this abstention and impartiality, is extremely important for the United Nations to gain and maintain the trust and cooperation of all to operate independently and effectively, especially in politically charged situations.”
International Day of Neutrality 2022: Significance
- The International Day of Neutrality reminds us how important neutrality truly is, especially for humanitarian reasons.
- This day is also a reminder to strive towards peace.
What is Neutrality?
- Neutrality can be defined as the legal status arising from the abstention of a state from all participation in a war between other states.
- A neutral country is a state that is neutral towards belligerents in a specific war or holds itself permanently neutral in all future conflicts.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.