Current Affairs 15 September 2022 – Here, you will find Current Affairs September 2022 events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Panchayati Raj ministry & IRMA signed MoU for Sustainable Development Goals
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), Gujarat at the IRMA Campus in Anand, Gujarat.
- The MoU will help in giving a fillip to the strengthening and capacity building of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country.
- It will also make a framework in the area of Gram Panchayat Development Planning for Localization of Sustainable Development Goals (LSDGs) through PRIs.
Ministry of Defence launched ‘SRIJAN’ portal
Ministry of Defence has launched the ‘SRIJAN’ portal i.e. srijandefence.gov.in, which aims to promote indigenization by the industry. The main purpose of the portal is to partner with the private sector in the indigenisation efforts of Defence Public Sector Undertakings(DPSUs), DPSUs and the Armed Forces. The portal will act as a non-transactional online marketplace platform.
TDB-DST supports manufacturing of indigenous components critical to SU-30MK1 Aircraft & 1500 HP Battle Tank Engine
- TDB-DST signed an agreement with M/s Ghaziabad Precision Products Private Limited, (GPP), Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh for ‘Development by Critical machining & Inspection process of accessory components of SU-30MK1 Aircraft.
MoEFCC, UNDP & TERI Join hands to launch GEF Small Grants Programme
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, the United Nations Development Programme and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) jointly implemented the Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme, aimed at offering financial and technical support to projects that conserve and restore the environment while enhancing the lives of local communities.
- GEF Small Grants Programme aims to study and work on the themes of biodiversity, climate change and land degradation through NGOs.
Indore to becoming India’s First ‘Smart City’ with ‘Smart Addresses’
Indore City and firm Pataa Navigations signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in order to implement a fully digital addressing system. with this, Indore has become the first city in India to do so. Rajat Jain, co-founder of Pataa Navigations, and Rishav Gupta, CEO of Indore Smart City signed an MoU.
- Pataa developed patented technology for the system with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to develop a digital addressing system.
- Pataa is a brief and distinctive code which aims to help users to find the specific geotagged location.
- As well as, Users of the Pataa App can upload images of their homes, landmarks, addresses and so on.
MeitY & Meta Partners to Support XR Technology-Based Startups – ‘XR Startup programme’
MeitY Startup Hub (MSH) and Meta announced the launch of an accelerator programme to support and accelerate XR technology startups across India. XR Startup Program aims to focus on skilling and building technological capabilities for the metaverse. the initiative will help shape the ecosystem for these emerging technologies, such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR).
- Young Indian Startups will play a significant role in emerging tech areas such as Web 3.0, blockchain, AI, Metaverse and so on.
- The Program will help in supporting 40 early-stage start-ups working in XR technologies with a grant of Rs 20 lakhs each.
- It will also encourage early-stage innovators in sectors like Education, Learning and Skills, Healthcare, Gaming and Entertainment, Agritech & Climate Action and Tourism & Sustainability.
First inter-modal digital TIR-based transport from India to Iran flagged off
The first inter-modal digital TIR-based pilot transport from India to Iran through the INSTC corridor has been flagged off from (Jawaharlal Nehru Port). The first inter-modal digital TIR pilot transport between India and Iran will facilitate seamless and paperless cross-border transit of goods, under the customs guarantee of the TIR system.
- The North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) helps in reducing the time taken for EXIM (Export-Import) shipments to reach Russia and Europe, and enter the Central Asian markets.
- India also developing the first phase of the Shahid Beheshti Terminal at Chabahar Port in cooperation with the Iranian government.
EKI lists India’s plastic project under global accreditation standard
Carbon credit developer and supplier EKI Energy Services (EKI) has listed India’s plastic project under a global accreditation standard and has become the company to do this to generate India’s first-ever international plastic credits.
- The project was listed under the Plastic Waste Reduction Standard of Verra — a Washington-based accreditation.
- Under India’s plastic project, predominantly Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) waste, PET flakes and chips are recycled to produce Recycled Polyester Staple Fibre (RPSF).
Tamil Nadu notifies Nanjarayan Tank as 17th Bird Sanctuary
The Tamil Nadu government issued an order to set up a bird sanctuary at Nanjarayan Tank in Tiruppur district. the Nanjarayan Tank will be made as ‘Nanjarayan Birds Sanctuary’ under Wildlife (Protection) Act.
- It will be the 17th bird sanctuary in Tamil Nadu which covers 125.86.5 hectares of land and is located near Neruperichal and Sarkar Periyapalayam villages of Tiruppur North and Uthukuli taluks in Tiruppur district.
- In December 2021, the MK Stalin-led DMK Govt declared the Kazhuveli wetland located near Villupuram as the ‘Kazhuveli Birds Sanctuary’.
SBI joins Rs 5-trillion market cap club; stock surges 26% in three months
Public lender State Bank of India (SBI) has joined the club of Rs 5-trillion-mark in market capitalisation (market cap) for the first time. this happens after when SBI’s shares touched a record high of Rs 564.45, up 1 per cent.
- In the overall market cap ranking, SBI stood at the seventh position with a market cap of Rs 5.03 trillion.
- SBI become the 3rd lender in India to cross the market cap of Rs 5 trillion.
- India’s largest private lender HDFC Bank is at the top with a market cap of Rs 8.38 trillion, followed by ICICI Bank at the 2nd position with a market cap of Rs 6.33 trillion.
MoF sets up a Six-Member Committee to Boost Investments in Venture Capital/Private Equity
The Finance Ministry has formed a high-level panel to look into issues being faced by venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) investors. the panel will be headed by former Sebi chairman M Damodaran.
- The committee will have 6 members and will suggest steps for scaling up investment by VC and PE funds.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced to form of an expert committee to examine and suggest appropriate measures related to venture capital and private equity in Budget 2022-23.
- The panel will also review issues, and compliances and will provide suggestions for simplifications and changes around further accelerating the growth of alternative capital to participate in the VC/PE industry.
Digital Voice Agent by ICICI Lombard
A private non-life insurance company ICICI Lombard launched an AI-powered digital voice agent in collaboration with Skit.ai. the digital voice agent is an AI-based SaaS voice automation platform. It will help in assisting customers with the status of their insurance claims for health and motor insurance policies.
- The voice agent will simplify the complex process of seeking claim status.
- The digital voice agent will effectively reduce the average call handling time and will improve call containment rates, and automate customer interactions through intuitive, human-feeling dialogue.
Sanjay Kumar Rakesh appointed as MD of CSC SPV e-Governance India
The Authorities of India (GoI) has appointed former IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer Sanjay Kumar Rakesh as the Managing Director of the CSC SPV. The decision was taken at the 52nd Board Meeting of CSC held at the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- Sanjay Kumar Rakesh will replace Dinesh Tyagi to assume the charge as Managing Director (MD) of the CSC SPV.
- He is a 1990 batch IAS officer of the Tripura cadre.
- He has served around 30 years in numerous capacities.
- In November 2020, He was appointed as CEO of CSC SPV after taking voluntary retirement from IAS.
Mastercard and UNDP Partner on free of charge startup program – Lighthouse MASSIV
Mastercard and United Nations Growth Programme (UNDP) partnered on Mastercard’s Lighthouse MASSIV program which is a free startup partnership program to assist in safe the lives of over 1 billion individuals by 2025.
- The full form of MASSIV is Make and Scale Social Impression Imaginative and prescient.
- It aims to help affect tech firms on their affect measurement and administration.
- Mastercard and UNDP will focus on the sustainability, monetary inclusion, and social effect of targeted firms to achieve 2030 Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDG).
Google closes $5.4B Mandiant acquisition to Strengthen Cybersecurity
Google Acquires its proposed $5.4 billion bid to buy cybersecurity firm Mandiant. Mandiant will now operate under the auspices of Google Cloud, though the Mandiant brand will be in operation.
“Rajini’s Mantras” book by P.C. Balasubramanian
PC Balasubramanian has authored a brand new e-book titled “Rajini’s Mantras: Life classes from India’s most-loved Celebrity” in English, written after his first book Rajini’s Punchtantra in 2010. The book was published by Jaico Publishing House (India).
- Rajini’s Punchtantra Book highlights Rajinikanth’s signature statements on the silver screen.
- PC Bala’s 1st e-book Rajini’s Punchtantra and Raja Krishnamoorthy received a nationwide bestseller.
Indian Army Chief Manoj Pande conferred honorary rank of Nepal Army General
Indian Army chief General Manoj Pande has been conferred the title of Honorary General of the Nepali Army by Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari in Kathmandu at a special ceremony at the President’s official residence ‘Shital Niwas’ in the capital city of Nepal.
- In November 2021, the Chief of the Nepali Army, General Prabhu Ram Sharma was also made the Honorary General of the Indian Army by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony in New Delhi.
- Manoj Pande is the 1st officer from the Corps of Engineers to change into the twenty-ninth Chief of Military Workers (COAS.
- In 1982, He was commissioned to the Corps of Engineers (The Bombay Sappers).
- He also received the Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, and Vishisht Seva Medal.
Iconic French New Wave Filmmaker Jean-Luc Godard die at 91
Iconic French New Wave Filmmaker Jean-Luc Godard passed away at the age of 91 in the Swiss town of Rolle, on Lake Geneva. he revolutionized popular cinema in 1960 with his debut feature “Breathless” and was as one of the world’s most vital and provocative directors.
- Jean-Luc Godard was born on December 3, 1930, in Paris, Godard grew up in Nyon, Switzerland.
- He studied ethnology at the Sorbonne in France’s capital.
- He started writing for the prestigious movie magazine Cahiers du Cinema by 1952.
- Godard married Danish-born model and actress Anna Karina in 1961.
IMPORTANT DAYS AFFAIRS
Hindi Diwas 2022
Every year, India celebrates Hindi Diwas (also known as Hindi Day) on September 14 with speeches, awards, and other events to mark the declaration of the Hindi Language as one of the official languages of India.
- On 14 September 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted Hindi written in Devanagari script as the official language of the Republic of India.
- September 14th is celebrated as Hindi Day/Diwas or National Hindi Divas in India.
- January 10 is celebrated as World Hindi Day.
- World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Diwas is observed on January 10.
Daily Current Affairs – 15.9.2022
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.