MeitY & Meta Partners to Support XR Technology-Based Startups – ‘XR Startup programme’ – MeitY Startup Hub (MSH) and Meta announced the launch of an accelerator programme to support and accelerate XR technology startups across India. XR Startup Program aims to focus on skilling and building technological capabilities for the metaverse. the initiative will help shape the ecosystem for these emerging technologies, such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR).
- Young Indian Startups will play a significant role in emerging tech areas such as Web 3.0, blockchain, AI, Metaverse and so on.
- The Program will help in supporting 40 early-stage start-ups working in XR technologies with a grant of Rs 20 lakhs each.
- It will also encourage early-stage innovators in sectors like Education, Learning and Skills, Healthcare, Gaming and Entertainment, Agritech & Climate Action and Tourism & Sustainability.
XR technology ecosystem in India
- Under the XR Startup programme, The innovators are to be shortlisted, and a total of 16 innovators will be provided grants of Rs 20 lakhs each and will be offered Minimum Viable Product (MVP)/ prototypes to support them.
XR Startup Program implementation
The XR Startup Program is to be implemented by four institutions for creating a pan-India movement in the XR technology space.
- International Institute of Information Technology – Hyderabad Foundation, Hyderabad, Telangana (CIE IIIT-H);
- AIC SMU Technology Business Incubation Foundation (AIC-SMUTBI), Rangpo, Sikkim;
- Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC), Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT), IIT Delhi, New Delhi.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|