Indian Army Chief Manoj Pande conferred honorary rank of Nepal Army General – Indian Army chief General Manoj Pande has been conferred the title of Honorary General of the Nepali Army by Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari in Kathmandu at a special ceremony at the President’s official residence ‘Shital Niwas’ in the capital city of Nepal.
- In November 2021, the Chief of the Nepali Army, General Prabhu Ram Sharma was also made the Honorary General of the Indian Army by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony in New Delhi.
Indian Army chief General Manoj Pande
- Manoj Pande is the 1st officer from the Corps of Engineers to change into the twenty-ninth Chief of Military Workers (COAS.
- In 1982, He was commissioned to the Corps of Engineers (The Bombay Sappers).
- He also received the Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, and Vishisht Seva Medal.
- He was honoured with the COAS Commendation card and a couple of Common Officer Commanding (GOC)-in-C Commendation cards.