First inter-modal digital TIR-based transport from India to Iran flagged off – The first inter-modal digital TIR-based pilot transport from India to Iran through the INSTC corridor has been flagged off from (Jawaharlal Nehru Port). The first inter-modal digital TIR pilot transport between India and Iran will facilitate seamless and paperless cross-border transit of goods, under the customs guarantee of the TIR system.
- The North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) helps in reducing the time taken for EXIM (Export-Import) shipments to reach Russia and Europe, and enter the Central Asian markets.
- India also developing the first phase of the Shahid Beheshti Terminal at Chabahar Port in cooperation with the Iranian government.
TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers’ or International Road Transports) system
- It facilitates cross-border trade, adding considerable value to improving regional trade mechanisms.
- The system offers the facilitation of trade and transport, preventing delays in border crossing operations.
- It helps in decreasing transportation costs.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|