Hindi Diwas 2022: History, Significance – Every year, India celebrates Hindi Diwas (also known as Hindi Day) on September 14 with speeches, awards, and other events to mark the declaration of the Hindi Language as one of the official languages of India.
- On 14 September 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted Hindi written in Devanagari script as the official language of the Republic of India.
- September 14th is celebrated as Hindi Day/Diwas or National Hindi Divas in India.
- January 10 is celebrated as World Hindi Day.
- World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Diwas is observed on January 10.
Why Is Hindi Day/Diwas 2022 Celebrated On September 14?
- Hindi Day/Diwas is celebrated on September 14 every year, aimed at promoting the language and its usage across the country.
- Hindi Diwas also marks the birthday of Beohar Rajendra Simha who played an essential role in getting Hindi in the Devanagari script.
Hindi Diwas 2022: History
- Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru decided to commemorate this day as Hindi Diwas.
- The first Hindi Day/Diwas was celebrated on September 14, 1953.
- On September 14, 1949, the Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi in the Devanagari script as the official language of India.
Hindi Day/Diwas 2022: Important facts
- Bihar was the first Indian state to adopt Hindi as its official language.
- The first Hindi massive feature film “Raja Harishchandra” was made by Dadasaheb Phalke in 1913.
- The First Hindi television drama “Hum Log” was presented in 1984–1985.
- The first minister of external affairs of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee delivered the first Hindi-language speech to the UN General Assembly in 1977.
- The Hindi language is also widely spoken in other countries including Nepal, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Fiji, and Mauritius.
Who is Beohar Rajendra Simha
- Beohar Rajendra Simha was an Indian scholar, historian, theologian, littérateur, polyglot, Hindi-stalwart, Sanskritist, Ramayana authority.
- he was born on 14th September 1916
History of Hindi Language –
- The history of Hindi is related to Indo – the Aryan division of Indo – the European language family.
- in past years, the Persian and Mughals attached their own flavour to the Hindi language.
- People speak over 100 languages in the country.
- the Indian Constituent Assembly decided to choose to write the Constitution of India.
Hindi Diwas 2022: FAQs
Q.1 When is Hindi Diwas observed in India?
In India, Hindi Divas or Hindi Day is celebrated on 14 September annually.
Q.2 In which year, Hindi was adopted as the official language of India
The Constituent Assembly of India adopted Hindi written in Devanagari script as the official language of the Republic of India on 14th September 1949.
Q.3 Which article recognizes Hindi written in Devanagari as the official language of India?
Article 343 of the Indian Constitution
Q.4 Why is Hindi Diwas celebrated on 14 September?
On September 14, 1949, the Constituent Assembly accepted Hindi in the Devanagari script as the official language of India.
Q.5 When was the first Hindi Diwas Celebrated?
The first Hindi Day was celebrated on September 14, 1953, after the then Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru decided to commemorate this day as Hindi Diwas.
Q.6 Hindi Diwas marks the birthday of whose?
The day marks the birthday of Beohar Rajendra Simha who played a crucial role in getting Hindi in the Devanagari script.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|