Today Top Current Affairs 19 October 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
National Current Affairs
PM inaugurates PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 at Indian Agricultural Research Institute in New Delhi. also, PM Modi inaugurated 600 Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK) under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilisers and launched Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana – One Nation One Fertiliser.
- PM Modi released the 12th instalment amount of Rs. 16,000 crores under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) through Direct Benefit Transfer.
- During the event, Agri Startup Conclave and Exhibition was inaugurated and also launched ‘Indian Edge’, an e-magazine on fertiliser.
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated 600 Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK) under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilisers. Under the scheme, the retail fertiliser shops in the country will be converted into PMKSK in a phased manner.
- PMKSK will meet a wide variety of needs of the farmers and provide agri-inputs (fertilisers, seeds, implements), testing facilities for soil, seeds, and fertilisers and will help in raising awareness among farmers; provide information regarding various government schemes and ensure regular capacity building of retailers at block/district level outlets.
Banking Current Affairs
SBI General Insurance & Gupshup Launches Insurance Buying Facility via WhatsApp
SBI General Insurance has launched a new insurance policy, renew an existing one, intimate claims and more, through WhatsApp. Customers can purchase insurance from SBI General by sending a ‘Hi’ and Gupshup’s chatbot will guide users through a simple and secure buying process, and help them complete the purchase within the WhatsApp chat thread.
- WhatsApp chatbot will allow users for deeper insights into customer journeys and possibilities of advanced personalisation across crucial customer touchpoints.
LIC Launches Dhan Varsha Life Insurance Plan
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launched a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings, single premium life insurance plan called Dhan Varsha, aimed at offering a combination of protection and savings.
- LIC Dhan Varsha life insurance plan will offer financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the life assured during the policy term.
- It is a close-ended plan and would be available for sale till March 31, 2023
Karnataka Bank launches ‘KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme’
Karnataka Bank has launched a term deposit scheme named ‘KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme’ — with effect from October 17th, 2022. KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme will contain a higher rate of interest in order to mark the glorious journey towards the centenary and to reward its patrons.
- This deposit will be for a period of 555 days with an interest rate of 7.20 per cent.
- The rate of interest will be 7.60 per cent for senior citizens.
Appointment Current Affairs
D Y Chandrachud appointed as 50th Chief Justice of India
President Droupadi Murmu appointed Justice D.Y. Chandrachud as the 50th Chief Justice of India (CJI) and Justice Chandrachud will take oath on November 9th, 2022, a day after incumbent CJI Justice Uday Umesh Lalit will retire from office on attaining the age of 65.
- Justice Lalit has a brief tenure of 74 days, Justice Chandrachud will serve as the CJI for two years.
- He will serve as the 50th Chief Justice of India till November 10, 2024.
- Justice Chandrachud served as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court from October 31, 2013.
- He was a Judge of the Bombay High Court from March 2000 to October 2013.
Adani Group appoints Arun Bansal as CEO of Adani Airport Holdings Limited
Adani Airport Holdings has elected Ericsson veteran Arun Bansalas its chief executive. Bansalspent 25 years at the Swedish telecom network company, and was most recently its president in Europe and Latin America.
- The appointment of Ericsson veteran Arun Bansal as CEO will help in strengthening the agenda of digital transformation and business development.
- Bansal will primarily be based in Ahmedabad and will report to Adani Group’s longtime executive Malay Mahadevia, director of operations at the airport company.
Ex-Infosys President Ravi Kumar to Join Cognizant as President of Cognizant Americas
Former Infosys president Ravi Kumar joins Cognizant as President Americas, said the company in a regulatory filing. he will assume the charge from January 16, 2023, and will report directly to Brian Humphries, CEO of Cognizant. Kumar replaces Surya Gummadi, who will hold leading the $5 billion Health Sciences Business of Cognizant,
- Kumar also has served as Chairman of the Board of Infosys Business Process Management.
- He has more than 20 years of experience in consulting and industry sales, incubating new practice lines and driving large transformational programs.
- Prasad Sankaran will be heading the software and platform engineering (SPE) services.
Roger Binny elected as the 36th President of BCCI
Roger Binny has been elected as the 36th Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president unopposed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Mumbai. Roger Binny is the highest wicket-taker of India’s triumphant 1983 Word Cup campaign and replaces former India captain Sourav Ganguly, whose three-year tenure as the board chief came to end.
- Ganguly will now compete for the Cricket Association of Bengal’s top post.
- Roger Binny represented India in 27 Tests and 72 ODIs, and has also served as a member of the national selection committee.
GSK Pharma appoints Bhushan Akshikar as MD
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals has appointed Bhushan Akshikar as the managing director (MD) of the company with effect from 1 December 2022 for a period of four years. Bhushan Akshikar will replace Sridhar Venkatesh, who will be in a new senior role within GSK Group effective from the same date as well.
- Bhushan Akshikar is a seasoned business leader within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Bhushan devoured 15 years with Janssen, Johnson & Johnson in various roles leading both speciality and primary care business units in local and regional positions living in India, South Korea and Belgium.
Credit platform Yubi appoints Atanu Chakraborty as Chairman
Yubi (formerly CredAvenue) has appointed Atanu Chakraborty as a new Chairman for its Board of Directors. Yubi (formerly CredAvenue) is a unified credit platform with a product suite catering to every stage of the debt lifecycle.
- Chakraborty is a former Economic Affairs Secretary and currently is working as the Chairman of the Board of HDFC Bank.
JPMorgan names former Reliance M&A head as India investment banking chief
JPMorgan Chase & Co named former Reliance Industries executive Navin Wadhwani as the head of its Indian investment banking business, under a slew of management changes for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Wadhwani served as head of M&A for oil-to-retail conglomerate Reliance for the past 10 years.
- He also worked as a senior managing director at Rothschild India.
- JPM also elected Kaustubh Kulkarni as senior country officer for India from November 1st, 2022 and will replace Madhav Kalyan, who will now head the U.S. banking giant’s Asia Pacific Payments.
- Vineet Mishra has been appointed as sole head of Investment Banking for Southeast Asia.
International Current Affairs
Sweden’s Parliament Elected Ulf Kristersson as New Prime Minister
Sweden’s parliament has chosen Moderates leader Ulf Kristersson as the country’s new prime minister. A total of 176 members of the Riksdag voted in favour of Kristersson and 173 members voted against Ulf Kristersson.
- It promises major crackdowns on crime and immigration and the construction of new nuclear reactors.
Science Current Affairs
Serbian scientists name new species of beetle after Novak Djokovic
Serbian scientists name a new species of beetle after tennis player Novak Djokovic due to its speed, strength, flexibility, durability and ability to survive in a difficult environment. A new species of beetle belonging to the Duvalius genus of ground beetles that are present in Europe was found in an underground pit in western Serbia.
- Now, it has been named Duvalius Djokovici.
- 35-year-old Djokovic won 21 Grand Slam trophies and won the Tel Aviv Open to settle his third title this season, after winning a 7th Wimbledon crown in July.
Books Current Affairs
IRS officer Sahil Seth launches his book ‘A confused mind story’
IRS Joint Commissioner GST, Custom & Narcotics and youth influencer Sahil Seth launched his book titled ‘A confused Mind story’, which is based on the contrast between the spiritual and material world. ‘A confused Mind story’ book highlights the answers behind the confusion of the common man in day-to-day life and explains the rationale behind the meaning of life and belief system. The book was launched and the first look was Unveiled in the presence of Union Health Minister Sh Mansukh L Mandaviya.
- Blue Rose publication house is one of the fastest-growing self-publishing platforms in India and has published the book.
- The book contains 23 life-changing chapters to explain the importance of spirituality in our lives including divine god, beliefs & myths, the afterlife concept, the concept of shunya, the science of god, destiny or hard work?, the genes theory- the world of infinite memory, placebo effect- the science behind prayers, do hell or heaven exist? World exists within us, where to find god- mountain or forest? , the importance of Japa and many more interesting topics.
State Current Affairs
Assam Government Signs 7 MoU & MoA with Industrial Partners for State’s Development
Assam government signed seven Memoranda of Understanding and Agreements (MoU, MoA) with different industrial companies. The Mission has envisaged skilling 1.50 lakh youth every year.
- Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM) signs agreements with Microsoft, and Google India Pvt. Limited, Larsen & Toubro Limited and Health Care Sector Skill Council.
- Assam Tourism Development Corporation signed an MoU with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, TATA Strive Skill Development Initiatives of Tata Community Initiative Trust and the Indian Hotels Company Limited.
- APDCL signed an MoU with Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam’s Green Energy Limited for the generation of 1000 MW of solar power.
- Microsoft will help in paving the way for building the capacity of the youth in Assam Skill Development Centres across the state.
- Google India Private Ltd will offer its support to the Government of Assam in skilling youth with job-ready digital and business skills.
- training setup and executing green field projects will be established under the MoU with the Government of Assam, L&T.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** END ********