D Y Chandrachud appointed as 50th Chief Justice of India – President Droupadi Murmu appointed Justice D.Y. Chandrachud as the 50th Chief Justice of India (CJI) and Justice Chandrachud will take oath on November 9th, 2022, a day after incumbent CJI Justice Uday Umesh Lalit will retire from office on attaining the age of 65.
- Justice Lalit has a brief tenure of 74 days, Justice Chandrachud will serve as the CJI for two years.
- He will serve as the 50th Chief Justice of India till November 10, 2024.
- Justice Chandrachud served as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court from October 31, 2013.
- He was a Judge of the Bombay High Court from March 2000 to October 2013.
Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju said
- “In exercise of the power conferred by the Constitution of India, Hon’ble President appoints Dr. Justice DY Chandrachud, Judge, Supreme Court as the Chief Justice of India with effect from 9th November, 22,”
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.