Daily Current Affairs 11th February 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Ashwini Vaishnaw to inaugurate National Philatelic Exhibition – AMRITPEX 2023
Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw will inaugurate the National Philatelic Exhibition – AMRITPEX 2023 at Pragati Maidan. Department of Posts will conduct AMRITPEX 2023, National Philatelic Exhibition and aims to showcase India’s rich culture, heritage and history through stamps. it will be held from 11-15 February 2023 at Hall No. 05, Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- AMRITPEX 2023 will host various Workshops, Panel Discussions, Interactive Installations, and cultural programs that have been planned to connect the younger generation with India’s ancient history, legacy and culture through stamps.
India’s largest musical floating fountain launched in Hyderabad
India’s largest musical floating fountain with a length of 180 meters and a height of 90 meters has been launched at Hussain Sagar Lake, near NTR Marg by Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA).
- It has been developed at a cost of Rs. 17.02 crore and is 180m in length, 10m wide and has a height of about 90 meters.
Global Quality Infrastructure Index (GQII) 2023
As per the Global Quality Infrastructure Index (GQII) 2021, India’s national accreditation system under the Quality Council of India (QCI) has been ranked 5th in the world. India’s overall QI system ranks in the Top 10 at the 10th position, with the standardization system (under BIS) at 9th and the metrology system (under NPL-CSIR) at the 21st position in the world.
- The GQII measures the relative development of countries’ QI. A formula calculates a score for each country based on its position in the sub-rankings for metrology, standards and accreditation. Geographically, the top 25 QI systems are mainly situated in Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific, with some exceptions, such as India (10th), Brazil (13th), Australia (14th), Turkey (16th), Mexico (18th) and South Africa (20th).
PM inaugurates Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Lucknow
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Lucknow. He also inaugurated the Global Trade Show and launched Invest UP 2.0.
- Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 is the flagship investment summit, aimed at bringing together policymakers, industry leaders, academia, think tanks and leaders from across the world to collectively explore business opportunities and forge partnerships.
PM Modi inaugurates 2 Vande Bharat trains in Mumbai
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off two Vande Bharat express trains from Mumbai to Solapur and Shirdi. he also inaugurated two flyovers on the Santacruz Chembur link road and Kurar underpass in the city.
- The trains will promote religious tourism and people can also enjoy the beauty of the ghats.
- people can take darshan of Saibaba at Shirdi, Ramkund, Panchavati, Trimabeshwar in Nashik, Akkalkot, Siddheshwar at Solapur and Vitthal Rukmini in Pandharpur.
Lithium reserves found in Jammu and Kashmir by GSI
The lithium reserves have been found for the first time in the country in Jammu and Kashmir. The Geological Survey of India (GSI) found lithium reserves in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir. Lithium is a non-ferrous metal and is one of the key components in EV batteries.
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Launches Hello Ujjivan
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank launched Hello Ujjivan, a mobile banking application with 3 Vs — voice, visual, and vernacular-enabled features, Hello Ujjivan aims to provide banking access to individuals with limited reading and writing skills.
- Hello, Ujjivan app can be accessible by voice in eight regional languages: Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, and Assamese.
- Users can access services such as paying loan EMIs, opening FD and RD accounts, transferring funds and more. The app was co-created with Navana. AI.
Rajiv Kumar was appointed as Director of BSNL
The centre approved the appointment of Rajiv Kumar for the post of Director (Finance) of BSNL Limited, a PSU under the Department of Telecommunications. Rajiv Kumar has been appointed to the post for a period of five years with effect from the date of his assumption of charge of the post, or till the date of his superannuation, or until further orders, whichever is the earliest. At present, he is serving as General Manager (GM).
SC gets two new judges as Centre clears their appointment
The central government appointed two new Supreme Court judges, taking the top court’s strength to full, bringing the total strength of the apex court to its maximum of 34 judges. two new judges namely Justices Rajesh Bindal and Aravind Kumar.
UNESCO Peace prize award
Germany’s former chancellor Angela Merkel received a prestigious UN award for opening her country to refugees during her time in office. Merkel welcomed more than 1.2 million refugees and asylum seekers to Germany in 2015 and 2016. She was awarded the Felix Houphouet-Boigny UNESCO Peace Prize in Ivory Coast’s capital Yamoussoukro.
Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award
Veteran journalist A.B.K. Prasad won the prestigious Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award for excellence in journalism. he has the singular honour of being the editor of all the mainstream journals of Andhra Pradesh. Veteran journalist A.B.K. Prasad also served as the Chairman of, the Official Language Commission during the period 2004 to 2009 in the united Andhra Pradesh.
World Day of the Sick 2023
World Day of the Sick is observed on February 11th. in 1992, Pope John Paul instituted the day to offer comfort and support to those who are ill and raise awareness about the difficulties faced by people with illness and disabilities. The World Day of the Sick 2023 theme is “standing beside those who suffer on a path of charity”.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.