Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2023 -Current Affairs Today will cover a complete List of Today Current Affairs 2023. Candidates must read the complete article to study the most recent and significant National, International, State, Sports, Business, Defence, Important Days, Awards, Appointments and resignations, Obituaries, and Other News.
National Current Affairs
15th Tribal Youth Exchange Program in Mumbai
The 15th Tribal Youth Exchange Program will conclude in Mumbai on 2 November 2023. 220 participants from tribal districts of Jharkhand Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana joined in the exchange programme. The participants visited the Raj Bhavan, Mumbai, Vidhan Bhawan Mumbai, National Museum of Indian Cinema, Gateway of India, Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, and other famous places in Mumbai.
- The main purpose of the 15th Tribal Youth Exchange Program is to develop curiosity among the tribal youth and encourage them to become a part of the mainstream development process.
BJP Central Election Committee meeting
The BJP Central Election Committee meeting took place at Party headquarters in New Delhi. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP President J P Nadda, Union Minister Amit Shah and other senior party leaders were present during the meeting. The meeting aimed to finalise the names of BJP candidates for the upcoming Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly polls.
Centre extends date for inviting fresh applications under PLI Scheme for Textiles up to 31 December
The Centre has extended the date for inviting fresh applications under the PLI Scheme for Textiles up to 31 December 2023. Before, the last date was the 31 August 2023. The companies will be able to file fresh applications under the PLI scheme of Textiles for Manmade Fibre Apparel, Manmade Fibre Fabrics and products of Technical Textiles.
International Current Affairs
Nirmala Sitharaman to attend commemoration of bicentennial anniversary of arrival of India-origin Tamils in Sri Lanka
On 2 November 2023, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will join the commemoration of the bicentennial anniversary of the arrival of India-origin Tamils in Sri Lanka, Naam 200 in Colombo. Moreover, FM will also address the India-Sri Lanka Business Summit, highlighting on the theme of ‘Enhancing Connectivity: Partnering for Prosperity’, boosting bilateral economic cooperation and trade.
World’s first Artificial Intelligence Safety Summit begins at Buckingham in UK
Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar addressed the inaugural plenary session of the ‘AI Safety Summit 2023’ at Buckinghamshire in the United Kingdom.
- The main purpose of the two-day Summit is to deliberate the risks associated with AI, particularly at the cutting edge of its development, and explore strategies for their mitigation through globally coordinated efforts.
‘AI Safety Summit 2023’
- Representatives from the UK, US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, the Netherlands, and South Korea, among others, participated in the ‘AI Safety Summit 2023’.
State Current Affairs
J&K, Chief Secretary, Arun Kumar Mehta launches virtual tour application developed by J&K e-Governance Agency
In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Secretary, Arun Kumar Mehta launched a virtual tour application which was developed by J&K e-Governance Agency (JaKeGA). The application will enable officers to visit remote areas to take stock of public grievances and developmental activities without the necessity of physical visits.
Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha launches Srinagar Smart City’s 100 Electric Buses
In the Kashmir Valley, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched the Srinagar Smart City’s 100 Electric Buses under the Srinagar Electric Bus Project. He also flagged off a fleet of 75 E-Buses at Nishat Bus Terminal on the outskirts of Srinagar city. E-buses will run on 15 intra-city and two inter-city routes and will cover a minimum of 200 KM per day from 8 AM to 8 PM.
The e-buses will be equipped with Universal Access and an HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) system, onboard vehicle tracking system, CCTV, and an emergency stop facility.
- Moreover, A dedicated Mobile app and online ticket payment facility were developed for the passengers.
- All the buses will be integrated with Srinagar Smart City’s Integrated Command & Control Centre.
Awards Current Affairs
India-born author Nandini Das won the 2023 British Academy Book Prize for Global Cultural Understanding
India-born author Nandini received the 2023 British Academy Book Prize for Global Cultural Understanding, a leading international non-fiction prize, for her book ‘Courting India: England, Mughal India and the Origins of Empire’.
- Das is serving as a Professor of English literature at the University of Oxford.
- The ‘Courting India: England, Mughal India and the Origins of Empire’ book is her debut and was described by critics as the “true origin story of Britain and India told through England’s first diplomatic mission to the Mughal courts”.
- The author tried to show a new perspective on the origins of the empire through the story of the arrival of the first English ambassador in India, Sir Thomas Roe, in the early 17th century.
Sports Current Affairs
ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023: India and Sri Lanka match to be held at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai
In the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, India will play the match against Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai at 2:00 PM on 2 November 2023. India is currently in the 2nd place in the points table with 12 points, after winning all their 6 matches. On the other hand, Sri Lanka is in the 7th position with only 4 points from 2 matches that they won in the tournament.
Important Days Current Affairs
All Souls’ Day 2023
Every year, All Souls’ Day is observed on November 2 across the world to help ease the suffering of people who have died without having been saved and whose souls are believed to be in purgatory. The day is a centuries-old tradition in Western Christianity to celebrate this day by attending mass, offering prayers and sacrifices, and lighting candles.