Daily Current Affairs 1st December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Niti Aayog launches CCUS policy framework and its deployment mechanism in India
Niti Aayog launched the carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS) policy framework and its Deployment Mechanism in India. The main objective of the CCUS policy framework is to develop and implement a practicable framework to accelerate research and development on carbon capture, utilization, and storage in the country.
- ‘Carbon Capture, Utilisation, and Storage Policy Framework and its Deployment Mechanism in India’ report marks the importance of Carbon Capture, Utilisation, and Storage as an emission reduction strategy to achieve deep decarbonization from the hard-to-abate sectors.
- India is looking for achieving 50% of its total installed capacity from non-fossil-based energy sources, a 45% reduction in emission intensity by 2030 and will aim to achieve Net Zero by the year 2070.
India’s Maternal Mortality Ratio dips to 97 per lakh live births in 2018-20
As per the report by the office of the Registrar General of India, The maternal Mortality Ratio in India has dropped from 130 per lakh live births in 2014-16 to 97 per lakh live births in 2018-20. Assam has the highest Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) of 195 and Kerala has the lowest of 19 per lakh live births.
- Maternal mortality in a region is a measurement of the reproductive health of women in the area.
- Many women of reproductive age die due to complications during and following pregnancy and childbirth or abortion.
- As per the Maternal Mortality in India 2018-20 data, Assam, which has the highest MMR, is followed by Madhya Pradesh with an MMR of 173 per lakh live births and Uttar Pradesh with 167.
- Kerala has the lowest MMR, followed by Maharashtra at 33 and Telangana at 43.
Office of the Registrar General of India
- The Office of the Registrar General of India functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs. it aims to conduct the Population Census and monitor the implementation of the Registration of Births and Deaths Act in the country.
- It also estimates on fertility and mortality using the Sample Registration System.
IISER, IIT researchers develop new artificial photosynthetic system to capture solar energy
IISER-Thiruvananthapuram and IIT-Indore Researchers developed a new artificial light-harvesting system. the system can efficiently capture light for power conversion by mimicking photosynthesis, the process by which plants absorb sunlight and produce sugars. The research was released in the prestigious ‘Royal Chemical Society – Chemical Science journal.
- Polymeric structures, detergent-type molecules, vesicles, gels, and other bio-inspired structures were used to mimic photosynthesis.
- India aims to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2070 and to meet 50% of its electricity needs from renewable sources such as solar power by 2030.
BIS signs MoU with top 6 engineering institutes of India for introducing Indian standards
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the top 6 engineering institutes of India for introducing Indian standards as an integral part of the curriculum. This initiative aims to institutionalize the engagement of BIS with eminent institutes for securing the active participation of academia.
- The MoU was signed with the Indian Institute of Technology BHU, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, and National Institute of Technology Trichy for the establishment of ‘BIS Standardization Chair Professor’ at these institutes.
- The MoUs will strengthen and enhance the standards formulation activity by facilitating Research & Development projects and encouraging the involvement of young minds.
International Lusophone Festival 2022 to be held from 3-6 December in Goa
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) will conduct the International Lusophone Festival in Goa from 3-6 December 2022 in partnership with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the Goa government. the International Lusophone Festival will further India’s connection with the Lusophone world.
- Chief Minister of Goa, Pramod Sawant will inaugurate the International Lusophone Festival 2022 at Durbar Hall in Raj Bhavan.
- Minister of State for External Affairs, Meenakshi Lekhi will attend as the Guest of Honour.
- The festival will witness performances by visiting cultural troupes from the CPLP countries at several venues in Goa namely the ESG complex, Azad Maidan, Sanskruti Bhavan, and Institute Menezes Braganza.
- The Community of Portuguese Language Countries (Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa) is also called the Lusophone Commonwealth (Comunidade Lusofona).
- It is a multilateral forum, founded on 17 July 1996 at the 1st CPLP Heads of State & Government Summit in Lisbon.
23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 to begin at Naga Heritage Village Kisama from Dec 1- Dec 10
The 23rd Edition of the Hornbill Festival 2022 will be held from 1st December to 10th December 2022 at Naga Heritage Village Kisama. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar will attend the Festival as the Chief Guest.
- Nagaland will host the biggest cultural extravaganza ‘ The Hornbill Festival’ from tomorrow.
- The Festival will be conducted at the heritage village of Kisama, about 12 km from Kohima.
- 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 will witness of Traditional Naga Morungs Exhibition and sale of Arts and Crafts, Food Stalls, Herbal Medicine Stalls, Flower shows and sales, Cultural Medley – songs and dances, Fashion shows, Beauty Contest, Traditional Archery, Naga wrestling, Indigenous Games, and Musical concert.
Hornbill Festival 2022
- 132 stalls will be installed in Kisama and Micro Small & Medium Enterprises will set up 100 stalls and 32 temporary stalls.
Meghalaya Cabinet approves mental health and social care policy
Meghalaya has approved the Meghalaya mental health and social care policy and has become the 3rd state in the country to have a comprehensive policy for mental health and social care. The policy aims to ensure proper attention to mental health, especially for children, adolescents, and youth.
Meghalaya mental health and social care policy
- Meghalaya’s mental health and social care policy will role in promoting overall mental health and well-being and facilitate appropriate access and care pathways for common and severe mental health concerns.
- It also aims to reduce the extent of disability, morbidity, mortality, and social suffering.
- Besides Meghalaya, Kerala and Karnataka are the other two states in the country to have mental health and social care policies.
Health minister James K Sangma tweeted
- “The policy is culturally rooted in our state and looks to address the stigma linked with mental health. The policy is also community-centric and will improve recognition, rehabilitation, and reformation, necessary for creating awareness and building support systems.”
2 transgenders have been appointed as government doctors in Telangana
Two transgenders Ruth John Paul Koyala and Prachi Rathore are appointed as Government Medical Officers at Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad in Telangana. Two transgenders, Ruth John Paul Koyala and Prachi Rathore completed their MBBS and have become the first transgender medical officers in the state.
Mylab launches kit for detecting TB, multidrug resistance variant in single test
Pune-based Mylab Discovery Solutions private limited launched a single test to detect tuberculosis and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. The kit was named PathoDetect MTB RIF and INH drug resistance kit. The kit is an RT-PCR-based kit for accurate detection and will be used with Mylab Compact device systems, allowing automated testing of multiple samples within two hours.
- This will be instrumental in supporting the country’s goal to eliminate TB by 2025 from India.
- Mylab Discovery Solutions private limited received Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation CDSCO, TB Expert Committee and ICMR approval for the first indigenous TB Detection kit to detect tuberculosis which simultaneously detects multiple drug resistance to Rifampicin and Isoniazid in a single test.
- the test kit will cost Rs 650.
- The PathoDetect kit combined with the Mylab Compact device platform will help in filling the current gaps in tuberculosis testing.
The TBConnect App
- The TBConnect App is an Integrated TB Workflow app from diagnostics to treatment
- It aims to directly push results to the central grid and needs no manual upload.
Government Schools offer Students With Free Uniforms, Milk in Rajasthan
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the Mukhyamantri Bal Gopal Yojana and the Mukhyamantri Free Uniform Yojana scheme.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Free Uniform Yojana, Children in Rajasthan’s government schools from Class 1 to 8 will receive free school uniforms in the state.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Bal Gopal Yojana, Children in Rajasthan’s government schools from Class 1 to 8 will receive milk made from milk powder.
- Rajasthan Govt sanctioned the fund of Rs 476 crore.
GeM platform crosses 1 lakh crore rupees Gross Merchandise value
The Government e-Marketplace, GeM platform crossed 1,00,000 crore rupees Gross Merchandise value for the financial year 2022-2023. GeM platform is an online platform for public procurement in India and it was launched in August 2016 to make an open and transparent procurement platform for government buyers.
Scientists Revive 48,500-Year-Old ‘Zombie Virus’ Buried In Ice
As per the researchers, they revived nearly two dozen viruses – including one frozen under a lake more than 48,500 years ago. European researchers collected and examined ancient samples collected from permafrost in the Siberia region of Russia. researchers revived and characterized 13 new pathogens termed “zombie viruses,“. The team also found that they remained infectious despite spending many millennia trapped in the frozen ground.
- A zombie virus is a single-celled amoeba virus can affect humans.
Best Tech Initiative Award 2022
The Manthan platform won NSEIT the Best Tech Initiative of the Year at the Dun & Bradstreet Business Excellence Awards 2022 for building the technology infrastructure to support on 29th November 2022 in Mumbai.
- The Manthan platform promotes collaboration at scale between industry and the scientific research and development ecosystem. Dr. Sapna Poti, Director of Strategic Alliances Division, Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA), and Shri. Anantharaman Sreenivasan, MD & CEO, NSEIT received the award.
- Manthan aims to promote collaboration between industry and the scientific research and development ecosystem.
- It empowers multiple stakeholders to collaborate to co-creating solutions aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and our national scientific missions.
Dun & Bradstreet Business Excellence Awards 2022:
- The Dun & Bradstreet SME and Mid-Corporate ‘Business Excellence Awards 2022’ is an endeavor to acknowledge and recognize the achievements and performance of SMEs and Mid-Corporates.
- It covers 23 categories largely based on business performance parameters.
World AIDS Day 2022
Every year, World AIDS Day is observed on 1st December across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about AIDS/HIV and to educate people globally. it also supports those who are living with HIV and remembers those who have passed away from an AIDS-related illness. This day also encourages students from schools, and colleges to contribute to the campaign organized for AIDS.
- In 1998, The World Health Organization (WHO) founded World AIDS Day on December 1, aimed at promoting information sharing between local and national authorities, international organizations, and private citizens.
- In 1988, the inaugural World AIDS Day was observed between 90,000 and 150,000 persons were HIV-positive, which leads to AIDS.
- The theme of World AIDS Day 2022 is: ‘Equalize’.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.