Belgium Student Visa aims to help students to get higher education in Belgium. To get the visa, you must have an offer letter from a college or university. Next, need to apply for the Belgium Student Visa. Belgium is known for its excellent educational system and affordable tuition Fees.
For the Belgium student visa, non-EU nationals will have to apply for the Belgium Long Stay Visa (D Visa) Category. They must present at the visa application center to register their biometrics such as fingerprints cans and digital photos. In this article, you can check out the requirements, the required documents, and how to make an appointment.
Belgium Student Visa – Requirements
Student visa application form. (Applicants will enter the required details in the application form through the VFS Global website or can go to the Belgium embassy to get the application form.
- Your Passport.
- Acceptance Letter (Proof of admission).
- A supporting letter (describe why you want to study).
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- No criminal record
- All academic documents.
- 2 Photographs.
- Health insurance.
- Financial Proof.
Belgium Student Visa – Cost
The application fee for the Belgium student visa is 180 Euros.
Who is Exempt from Student Visa Fee?
- Spouse/partner and Children (under the age of 21) of EU and Swiss citizens
- Applicants from countries such as Israel, San Marino, Japan, Morocco, and Turkey
- Students with scholarships from the Belgian State
- Students in the programs of Erasmus Mundus, Lotus, and Tempus.
Belgium Student Visa – Work Limit
As an international student, students can work 20 hours a week during the semester.
How to Apply for the Belgium Student Visa
The application process for a Belgium student visa is provided below:
- Offer Letter from a university in Belgium: You must get the offer letter from the university before you can apply for a student visa.
- Fill out the visa application form.
- Upload or attach the required documents with the application form.
- Make a visa appointment: If you have completed the application form, then, you should make an appointment.
- For the appointments, applicants can book through VFS.
- Interview: You will have to appear in the interview with documents, biometrics, and pictures.