Daily Current Affairs 3 November 2023 -Current Affairs Today will cover a complete List of Today Current Affairs 2023. Candidates must read the complete article to study the most recent and significant National, International, State, Sports, Business, Defence, Important Days, Awards, Appointments and resignations, Obituaries, and Other News.
National Current Affairs
PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate second edition of Mega food event ‘World Food India 2023’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 2nd edition of the Mega food event ‘World Food India 2023’ on 3 November 2023 at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi. PM Modi also will disburse Seed Capital Assistance for over 1,00,000 Self Help Groups SHG members to help SHGs improve packaging and quality manufacturing and gain better price realisation in the market.
- Moreover, PM Modi is going to inaugurate Food Street, as part of World Food India 2023 in order to feature regional cuisines and royal culinary heritage.
NSDCI and EFS Facilities Services Group sign MOU for Skilled Workforce Mobility
In order to promote Skilled International Workforce Mobility (IWM) for Indian nationals, National Skill Development Corporation of India and EFS Facilities Services Group (EFS), a Facilities Management Firm based in the UAE, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- The MoU marks the collaborative efforts of these two entities to structure a principle framework for completing the common objective of promoting skilled workforce mobility.
- The MoU aims to develop co-branded skilling institutions to equip Indian nationals with the skills needed for international and local employment.
- It will give access to approximately 5000 overseas jobs for skilled Indian nationals over the next three years.
Dharmendra Pradhan held a meeting with Mohammad Al Gergawi in Dubai
Union Minister of Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan met with the Minister of Cabinet Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, Mohammad Al Gergawi, in Dubai. The meeting aimed to reinforce and deepen the longstanding friendship between India and the United Arab Emirates.
- Both countries aimed at enhancing cooperation in various sectors, including education and skill development.
Sarbananda Sonowal to launch domestic sailing of first International Cruise Liner ‘COSTA SERENA’
Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal is going to launch the domestic sailing of the first International Cruise Liner ‘COSTA SERENA’ in India at Mumbai. Ministry conducted the Global Maritime India Summit 2023 and announced to achieve of the target of 50 million cruise passengers in India by 2047. Cruise initiatives are part of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’
State Current Affairs
North Zone Inter University women’s volleyball tournament 2023-24
In Jammu and Kashmir, the North Zone Inter University women’s volleyball tournament 2023-24 was completed at the University of Kashmir yesterday. It was conducted by the Varsities Directorate of Physical Education and Sports under the aegis of the Association of Indian Universities.
- 35 Universities across North India participated in the 4-day event with around 700 women athletes and officials joining. Punjabi University Patiala won a gold medal while a silver medal was won by Punjab University Chandigarh. The bronze medal was won by LPU Jalandhar.
Sports Current Affairs
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: India reaches semifinals threshing Sri Lanka by 302 runs in Mumbai
In the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, India reached the semi-finals thrashing Sri Lanka by 302 runs at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on 2 November 2023. Chasing a huge target of 357 runs, Sri Lanka were all out for just 55 in 19.4 overs. Mohammed Shami seized 5 wickets to become India’s highest wicket-taker in ODI World Cup history. Mohammed Siraj took 3 wickets while Jasprit Bumrah and Ravindra Jadeja took one each.