Daily Current Affairs 1 November 2023 -Current Affairs Today will cover a complete List of Today October Current Affairs 2023. Candidates must read the complete article to study the most recent and significant National, International, State, Sports, Business, Defence, Important Days, Awards, Appointments and resignations, Obituaries, and Other News.
National Current Affairs
Rajeev Chandrasekhar to participate in ‘AI Safety Summit’ 2023 in UK
Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar will join the two-day ‘AI Safety Summit’ 2023 in the United Kingdom from 1st November 2023. The summit is held by the UK Government and will bring together Ministers and representatives from various countries, including the UK, US, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea, among others.
Renewable energy sources can meet 65% of world’s power supply, 90% by 2050
Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh said that renewable energy sources hold the potential to supply 65% of the world’s total electricity by 2030 and decarbonise 90% of the power sector by 2050.
- Ministers from 20 countries and delegates from across 116 Member and Signatory countries will join the Assembly.
- The International Solar Alliance works with governments will ease solar deployment and promote solar power as a sustainable transition to a carbon-neutral future.
- ISA’s mission will unlock one trillion dollars of investments in solar by 2030 while reducing technology and its financing costs.
- It will also promote the use of solar energy in the agriculture, health, transport, and power generation sectors.
Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry checks progress of Project-SMART in New Delhi
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs checked the progress of the Station Area Development along the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail project (Project-SMART) in New Delhi. The Project will enhance accessibility and convenience for commuters.
5th Ladakh Union Territory Foundation Day
President Droupadi Murmu graced the Foundation Day celebrations of UT Ladakh at Leh on 31 October 2023. President arrived in Leh for her maiden two-day Ladakh visit and also attended the 5th Union Territory Foundation Day at Sindu Sanskriti Kendra. Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh Brigadier (retired) Dr B D Mishra received President Droupadi Murmu in Ladakh.
International Jury announced for 54th IFFI, Goa
Renowned Filmmakers, Cinematographers, and Film producers were invited as the International Jury of the 54th IFFI to judge the ‘International Competition’ and ‘Best Debut Feature Film of a Director’ Award at the Festival.
- The Members of the International Jury are recognised industry veterans marking the essential facets of filmmaking.
- They comprise Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, who is the chairman of the Jury, Cinematographer José Luis Alcaine and Film Producers Jerome Paillard, Catherine Dussart and Helen Leake.
- The International Jury will choose the winner of the coveted Best Film Award which includes the ‘Golden Peacock’ and Certificates for the Director and Producer.
- The Jury will also select winners in the Best Director, Best Actor (Male), Best Actor (Female) and Special Jury Prize categories.
- The International Film Festival of India will be held from 20th to 28th November in Goa.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is on 3-day official visit to Sri Lanka
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is on a three-day official visit to Sri Lanka. FM Nirmala Sitharaman will address the NAAM 200 held by the Government of Sri Lanka to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the arrival of India-origin Tamils to Sri Lanka.
- Sitharaman is to address the India-Sri Lanka Business Summit in Colombo on the theme ‘Enhancing Connectivity: Partnering for Prosperity.
International Current Affairs
Bangladesh Air Force delegation visits Dimapur, India
A 20-member Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) delegation reached Dimapur, India on 31 October 2023. The delegation is made of 13 officers and 07 airmen and was led by Group Captain Tanvir Marzan.
Bangladesh Air Force
- It was formed on 28 September 1971 at Dimapur, India under the command of Air Vice Marshal ( then Group Captain) AK Khandekar, with the flying code unit codenamed “Kilo Flight”.
- The unit included 09 pilots and 58 technicians and was commanded by late AVM( then Sqn Ldr) Sultan Mahmud.
Diaspora Week, ‘Pravasi Parichay,’ starts in Riyadh
The inaugural day of the much-anticipated ‘Pravasi Parichay’ or Diaspora Week was celebrated with fervour in Riyadh. Singer and Poet Johnny Foster joined the festivities. The Indian Ambassador to Riyadh, Dr Suhel Khan, paid tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and urged Indians to actively participate in the ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ campaign.
State Current Affairs
LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates 67th National School Games for U19 Football and U17 Boys Volleyball in Srinagar
Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated the 67th National School Games for U19 Football and U17 Boys Volleyball at Bakshi Stadium in Srinagar on the occasion of Foundation Day of the Union Territory on 31 October 2023.
Rajasthan Election 2023: Sachin Pilot files nomination from Tonk
Congress leader Sachin Pilot filed his nomination from the Tonk assembly constituency. 31 candidates submitted 37 nomination papers for 29 assembly constituencies for the assembly elections in Rajasthan.
- Pushpendra Bhardwaj of Congress also filed nomination form Sanganer Assembly constituency.
- The nomination papers can be filed for all the 200 assembly seats from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. till November 6, except Sunday.
- The affidavits of the candidates have been released to the public on the website of the Election Commission and the KYC-ECI app.
Nagaland to conduct state-wide Mega Mock Exercise on Earthquake disaster on Nov 2
Nagaland will conduct a state-wide Mega Mock Exercise on Earthquake disaster on November 2, 2023. An earthquake of magnitude 8.7 Richter scale will be facilitated during the mock exercise. The state Chief Secretary released the first report of the Nagaland Disaster Statistics 2023, released by the Department of Economics & Statistics.
R.R Swain takes over as 17th DGP of Jammu and Kashmir
In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, R.R Swain assumed as 17th Director General of Police at a function held at Police Headquarters (PHQ) in Srinagar. R.R. Swain is a 1991 batch IPS officer and served in various important and key positions of the Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Sports Current Affairs
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: New Zealand to play against South Africa in Mumbai
In the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, New Zealand will play against South Africa in Mumbai at 2 p.m. on 1 November 2023. Pakistan defeated Bangladesh by 7 wickets at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Bangladesh were bowled out for 204 in 45.1 overs. After this loss, Bangladesh was knocked out of the World Cup semifinal race.
India beat Japan 2-1 in women’s Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament
India received a 2-1 victory over Japan to register their fourth straight win and entered into the semifinals of the women’s Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament in Ranchi. India will contest against South Korea in their final league game.
PM Modi to interact with India’s Asian Para Games contingent in New Delhi
On 1 November 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with India’s Asian Para Games contingent at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi. The programme will be an endeavour by PM Modi to congratulate the athletes for their outstanding achievement at the Asian Para Games 2022 and to motivate them for future competitions. India received a total of 111 medals including 29 gold medals in the Asian Para Games 2022.
37th National Games: Maharashtra leads medal tally with 114 medals
Tejas Ashok Shirse of Maharashtra received an incredible feat at the 37th National Games, forming a new National Games record in Men’s 110M hurdles by finishing it in 13.80 minutes. Also, Priyanka Goswami of Uttar Pradesh created a new National Games Record in the women’s 20km Race Walk with an impressive time of 1:36:35.
- Maharashtra is at the top of the medal table in the National Games 2023 with 114 medals including 47 gold, Haryana got 50 medals; defending champion Services Sports Control Board is placed in 3rd place with 33 medals.
- The event will be held till the 9th of November at 28 venues across Goa, India.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
UNESCO designated Kozhikode in Kerala as the City of Literature; and Gwalior as the City of Music
The UNESCO designated Kozhikode in Kerala as the City of Literature in its latest List of Creative Cities Network. Plus, Kozhikode, Gwalior was listed as the City of Music. 55 cities were designated by the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay in 7 creative fields such s crafts and folk art, design, film, gastronomy, literature, media arts and music.
Important Days Current Affairs
World Vegan Day 2023
World Vegan Day is celebrated every year on November 1st across the world. the day aims to encourage people to follow the vegan lifestyle and spread awareness about veganism. World Vegan Day is dedicated to the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products and exploitation of animals.
All Saints’ Day 2023
All Saints’ Day, also known as All Hallows’ Day, the Feast of All Saints, the Feast of All Hallows, the Solemnity of All Saints, and Hallowmas, is a Christian solemnity observed in honour of all the saints of the Church. The day comes a day before All Souls’ Day and a day after All Hallows’ Eve.
- As per the Western Church calendar, Christians observe All Saints’ Day on November 1 each year.
- However, Christians following the Eastern Orthodox Church think that All Saints’ Day falls on the 1st Sunday after Pentecost – sometime between early June and early July.
Karnataka Rajyotsava 2023
The southern state celebrates ‘Karnataka Rajyotsava’ on 1 November each year. In 2023, the day will be celebrated on Wednesday by the people of the region. On 1 November 1956, Kannada-speaking regions in southern India merged to form Karnataka and the state achieved its current name in 1973.
- Karnataka Rajyotsava or Karnataka Foundation Day is observed on 1 November. They conduct events, programs, and other activities so that more people get to know about the formation of Karnataka.
- Various awards are distributed and people take part in cultural events on Karnataka Rajyotsava.