2 October 2019 Current Affairs
Click To Practice Current Affairs Questions Of 2 October
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs: Days of 2 October
International Coffee Day
- International Coffee Day is an opportunity to encourage and honor coffee as a drink, with activities taking place in locations around the globe. As decided by the International Coffee Organization, the first formal deadline was 1 October 2015 and was introduced in Milan.
World Vegetarian Day
- every year, The day of 1 October is celebrated as World Vegetarian Day across the world . in year 1977, North American Vegetarian Society declared day as World Vegetarian Day and later, the International Vegetarian Union supported.
International Day of Non-Violence
- At the occasion of birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, the day of 2 October as International Day of Non-Violence. on 15 June 2007, The United Nations General Assembly decided to celebrate as International Day of Non-Violence.
Current Affairs: National
The Govt introdued an application that will be used to fill consumer complaints
- To register consumers complaints easily, The Govt has introduced an app named as Consumer App which is based on mobile. using app, consumers will be able to get redressal in period of 2 months.if consumers register simple complaints that will be solved in only 15 days. however, for a hard problem there will be 60 days to solve. Consumer App will be available in English and Hindi. users can download easily from play store from any mobile.The App will play role as a best platform which has been made by Govt for registering complaints of consumers .
- to take the advantage of this app, a user must register himself before submitting a complaint on various issues for eg airlines, banking and insurance are included.in addition, this app can be used to give suggestion to govt to improve its services
in Noida, Smriti Irani has started off a Charkha which was made Waste Plastic
- on the ocassion of 150th Gandhi birthday, Union Minister Smriti Irani has made opening ceremony of a largest charkha which consists of waste plastic. it is 1,650-kg in weight. SmritiIrani, GautamBuddh Nagar MP Mahesh Sharma, Noida MLA Pankaj Singh and Noida Authority CEO RituMaheshwari started off spinning wheel .
- The charkha has been placed in Sector 94 near the Mahamaya flyover. it is a symbol of self sufficing and self reliance. it has 14ft, 20ft and 8ft in dimension. to make spinning wheel, 1250 kg plastic was used .
By the end of March 2020, PIO card will be in use as valid document for travelling
- The Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cards, will be continued to use as valid foreign passport for exit/entry into India by the end of March 2020. all Person of Indian Origin (PIO) cards will be accepted by the Bureau of Immigration . handwriting PIO cards are also accepted. if International Civil Aviation Organisation impose extension then PIO cards will be invalid .
Current Affairs: Banking
There is no change in interest rates for PPF, NSC, SSY and others savings schemes
- For third quarter of current FY 2019- 20, the interest rates on Post office savings or small savings schemes has been no changed . it includes PPF (Public Provident Fund), NSC (National Savings Certificate), SSY (SukanyaSamriddhiYojana) Yojana. last quarter government made some changes in interest rate with 10 basis points but, savings account interest rate were not included.
Express FD comes in effect by Axis Bank
- The Axis Bank has given an announcement to start a digital fixed-deposit product named as Express FD. Due to this, a customer would be able to open an Express FD account in only three minutes and he will not need to open a savings account in axis bank .The Express FD account offers benifits like interest rates, zero fees for issuance, no penalty fee for premature withdrawal. customer can use net-banking, debit card and UPI to some deposits in Express FD account.