World Trauma Day 2022 – Every year, World Trauma Day is observed on 17 October across the world to focus on the importance of saving lives and safety during the most critical moments of preparedness and adopting important measures.
- The day remembers those killed or injured as a result of violence and trauma.
- trauma is the leading cause of death and disability worldwide as per the WHO (World Health Organisation) and it can mean any kind of physical and mental injury such as road accidents, fires, burns, falls, natural or man-made disasters and violent acts etc.
World Trauma Day 2022: History
- World Trauma Day was begun in 2011 in New Delhi, India.
- In India, around 1 Million people suffer head injuries annually, of which 75 to 80% are due to road accidents.
- 50%t of people die due to head injuries and 25% of people become disabled.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.