Today Top Current Affairs 7 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 7 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 7th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 07 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Kiren Rijiju launches five Important Portals on Ayush sector “All Ayush stakeholders to be benefited by these initiatives”
The Union Minister of Ayush (IC) Shri Kiran Rijiju has launched five Important Portals on the Ayush sector. the portals are CTRI portal, AMAR, RMIS, SAHI, and e-Medha portals.
Ayurveda Dataset on Clinical Trial Registry of India–
- CTRI is a primary Register of Clinical Trials under the world health Organization’s International Clinical Trials Registry Platform. The creation of the Ayurveda Data Set in CTRI facilitates the usage of Ayurveda Terminologies to record clinical studies based on Ayurveda interventions. This is a great step towards worldwide visibility for Ayurveda-based Clinical Trials.
CCRAS-Research Management Information System-
- A collaborative effort of ICMR and CCRAS, this portal will be a one-stop solution for Research and Development in Ayurveda-based studies. Free of cost research guidance by experienced Scientists, Clinicians of Ayurveda can be availed through this portal. Research tools, reference material are also in place in this portal.
E-Medha (electronic Medical Heritage Accession) Portal-
- Online public access catalog for more than 12000 Indian medical heritage books through NIC’s e-granthalaya platform.
KVIC Launches Project BOLD to Boost Tribals’ Income and Bamboo-based Economy in Rajasthan
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has started off a unique scientific exercise project named “Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought” (BOLD) in order to reduce desertification and providing livelihood and multi-disciplinary rural industry support.
- the “Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought” (BOLD) has been launched from the tribal village NichlaMandwa in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- 5000 saplings of special bamboo species including BambusaTulda and BambusaPolymorpha are planted more than 25 bighas.
- Also, KVIC makes a world record to plant the highest number of bamboo saplings on a single day
DPIIT sets up a 9-member panel to curb Digital Monopolies
The department for Promotion of industry and internal trade (DPIIT) has created a nine-member panel in order to design an open network for digital commerce (ONDC). the main purpose of this is to curb monopolistic tendencies of e-commerce platforms, among others, and thus creating a platform that can be utilized by all online retailers.
- The panel will provide suggestions to the Government of India to digitize the entire value chain, standardize operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics, and enhance value for consumers.
The members of the panel
- Nandan Nilekani – non-executive Chairman Infosys
- Dilip Asbe – MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India
- Suresh Sethi – MD and CEO of NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd.
- Praveen Khandelwal – General Secretary of Confederation of All India Traders
- Kumar Rajagopalan – CEO of the Retailers Association of India
- RS Sharma – CEO of National Health Authority
- Adil Zainulbhai – Chairman of QCI
- Anjali Bansal – Founder and Chairperson of Avaana Capital
- Arvind Gupta – Co-founder and head of Digital India Foundation
New Governors appointed in 8 states in India
On 6th July 2021, governors of several states have been appointed, Thawarchand Gehlot has been appointed as the new governor of Karnataka, Bandaru Dattatreya is the new governor of Haryana.
- Hari Babu Kambhampati (Former BJP state president of Andhra Pradesh) has been appointed as the new governor of Mizoram.
- Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel (former minister in Gujarat) will be the new governor of Madhya Pradesh.
- however, the former Speaker of the Goa assembly Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar will serve as the new governor of Himachal Pradesh.
- PS Sreedharan Pillai has been appointed as governor of Goa.
- Satyadev Narayan Arya, governor of Haryana, has been appointed as governor of Tripura.
- Ramesh Bais, governor of Tripura is appointed as governor of Jharkhand.
- Bandaru Dattatraya, former Union labor minister and governor of Himachal Pradesh will serve as the new governor of Haryana.
Indian-Origin Neha Parikh as CEO of crowd-sourced navigation app Waze
Indian-American, Neha Parikh, has been elected as the new CEO of Waze, a crowd-sourced GPS navigation app and a subsidiary of tech giant Google.
- Neha will take place of Noam Bardin, who stepped down as the CEO in November 2020, after leading the Israeli company for 12 years.
- 41 years old Neha Parikh is the former Indian-American president of the travel website Hotwire.
- She is a veteran of the online hospitality brand Expedia.
- She also served at Hotels.com and as Hotwire’s youngest and 1st female president.
Legendary actor Dilip Kumar passes away at 98
Legendary actor Dilip Kumar has passed away at the age of 98 on 7th July 2021 in the morning. Dilip Kumar is popularly known as the tragedy king of Bollywood. he is survived by his wife, veteran actor Saira Banu.
- He was taking treatment from Hinduja hospital in Mumbai after suffering from breathlessness.
- Dilip Kumar — born Yusuf Khan — was a trendsetter in terms of acting style, and inspired generations of actors
- He has worked in the best known films like Aan, Daag, Devdas, Madhumati, Azaad, Mughal-e-Azam, Gunga Jamuna, Kranti, Karma, Ram Aur Shyam, among others.
World Chocolate Day 2021: 07 July
The day of 7th July is observed as World Chocolate Day every year across the world. it is also known as International Chocolate Day. World Chocolate Day, (also referred to as International Chocolate Day), is an annual celebration of chocolate and is celebrated globally on July 7. or just Chocolate Day.
- The day highlights the introduction of chocolate to Europe in 1550, and World Chocolate Day was first celebrated in the year 2009.
- Some people say that the 7th July observes the introduction of chocolate to Europe in 1550. but, the history of chocolate goes back thousands of years.
- In the beginning, the chocolate was used to consume only as a drink and it was also bitter in taste.
<< Read Full News Here >>