DPIIT sets up a 9-member panel to curb Digital Monopolies
The department for Promotion of industry and internal trade (DPIIT) has created a nine-member panel in order to design an open network for digital commerce (ONDC). the main purpose of this is to curb monopolistic tendencies of e-commerce platforms, among others, and thus creating a platform that can be utilized by all online retailers.
- The panel will provide suggestions to the Government of India to digitize the entire value chain, standardize operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics, and enhance value for consumers.
Digital commerce: The members of panel to form protocols (Who are the members of this advisory council)
- Nandan Nilekani – non-executive Chairman Infosys
- Dilip Asbe – MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India
- Suresh Sethi – MD and CEO of NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd.
- Praveen Khandelwal – General Secretary of Confederation of All India Traders
- Kumar Rajagopalan – CEO of the Retailers Association of India
- RS Sharma – CEO of National Health Authority
- Adil Zainulbhai – Chairman of QCI
- Anjali Bansal – Founder and Chairperson of Avaana Capital
- Arvind Gupta – Co-founder and head of Digital India Foundation
meaning and significance of making something open-source
the DPIIT said: “ONDC aims at promoting open networks developed on open-sourced methodology, using open specifications and open network protocols independent of any specific platform. ONDC is expected to digitize the entire value chain, standardize operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics, and enhance value for consumers,”
DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade) –
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.