Today Top Current Affairs 6 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 6 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 6th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 06 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates the Co-WIN Global Conclave
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurates the Co-WIN Global Conclave on 5th July 2021. PM Modi also addressed the Cowin Global Conclave as India presented the indigenously developed Cowin platform to the world at the virtual global meet of representatives from 142 countries.
- The main objective of it was to extend the Co-WIN platform as a digital public good to the world.
- The Global Conclave was jointly organized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), and National Health Authority (NHA).
- “One Earth, One Health”: Prime Minister explains the principle of guiding India’s humanitarian gesture
Government extends superannuation age of LIC Chairman to up to 62 years
Indian Govt has decided to extend the superannuation age of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Chairman to up to 62 years after making an amendment to the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Regulations, 1960, prior to this superannuation age was 60 years.
- the rules will be known as the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Amendment Rules, 2021.
About LIC –
Chairperson: M R Kumar
Founder: Government of India
Founded: 1 September 1956
Jammu and Kashmir Govt ends a 149-Year-Old Practice Of ‘Darbar Move’
The Jammu and Kashmir administration has ended the 149-year-old biannual tradition of government officials of shifting capitals between Srinagar and Jammu, named the ‘Darbar Move’.
- To regard this, the govt issues a notice to employees to vacate their accommodations in both the cities within three weeks under Darbar Move.
- Govt’s employees working in the civil secretariats in Jammu and Srinagar would move between the two cities twice every year as the administration would use Jammu as its winter capital and Srinagar as its summer capital. This practice was called the ‘Darbar Move’.
Flipkart partners with PhonePe to digitize cash-on-delivery payment orders
On 5th July 2021, Digital payments platform PhonePe has made a partnership with Flipkart to launch the contactless scan and pay for Flipkart’s cash-on-delivery orders.
- PhonePe’s dynamic QR code solution will allow users who earlier opted for ‘cash on delivery to pay digitally using any UPI app at the time of delivery.
- Also, this new feature will ensure to reduce personal contact while ensuring safety and drive contactless payments for customers who are traditionally more comfortable with cash on delivery.
About Flipkart –
Founded: October 2007, Bengaluru
CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
Founders: Sachin Bansal, Binny Bansal
About PhonePe –
Founded: December 2015
CEO: Sameer Nigam (Dec 2015–)
Founders: Sameer Nigam, Burzin Engineer, Rahul Chari
Axis Bank signs cloud computing deal with AWS for digital transformation
Axis Bank has signed a multi-year deal with Amazon Web Services, (AWS) in order to power the digital transformation program. the deal will help in meeting the growing demand for its digital banking services for Bank.
- Axis Bank will make a portfolio of new digital financial services for bringing advanced banking experiences to its customers. the service will also cover online accounts that can be opened in under six minutes and instant digital payments.
About Axis Bank –
CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
Founded: 3 December 1993, Ahmedabad
Satish Agnihotri assumes as new MD of National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd
Satish Agnihotri has been elected as the Managing Director, National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. Satish Agnihotri is a retired IRSE officer of the 1982 batch. Agnihotri has served as the Chairman and Managing Director of the Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) for a period of nine years.
- Apart from this, he has worked as Chairman, High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (HSRC), a fully-owned subsidiary of RVNL, since its inception in July 2012 till August 2018.
Pushkar Singh Dhami new CM of Uttarakhand
On 4th July 2021, Pushkar Singh Dhami has sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. he has taken place of Tirath Singh Rawat as the CM who resigned from the post unexpectedly on July 03, 2021.
- Pushkar Dhami will serve as the 11th CM of the state.
- He also becomes the youngest Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
- Governor Baby Rani Maurya administered the oath of office to New Chief Minister.
- Pushkar Singh took sworn with an 11-member cabinet in Dehradun.
Nathuram Godse’s biography by Dhaval Kulkarni to be released in 2022
A biography of Nathuram Godse, the infamous assassin of Mahatma Gandhi, titled “Nathuram Godse: The True Story of Gandhi’s Assassin” will be released in 2022. the book has been written by Mumbai-based journalist Dhaval Kulkarni.
- The book will cover the unknown aspects of Godse’s life and times, his ideologies, and motivations while revealing the complex factors that led to an assassination.
- Pan Macmillan India will publish this book.
Lady Doctors Book by Kavitha Rao
Author Kavitha Rao’s new book titled Lady Doctors: The Untold Stories of India’s First Women in Medicine is to be released on July 12, 2021.
- The book covers the stories of India’s first women doctors, often ignored by history.
- The book will be published by Amazon-backed Westland Books.
Rio gold medallist Mariyappan Thangavelu named as flag-bearer of India for Tokyo Paralympics
On Friday, Top para high-jumper Mariyappan Thangavelu is named for the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent in the Tokyo Paralympics, which begins on August 24th, 2021.
- Thangavelu has won the T-42 gold in the 2016 Rio Paralympics and will defend during the August 24 to September 5 Tokyo Paralympics.
- The 25-year-old Thangavelu has been honored with the country’s highest sporting award, Khel Ratna.
- the selection committee has picked him among the 24 para-athletes for the Tokyo Paralympics 2021.
World Zoonoses Day 2021
The day of 6th July is observed as World Zoonoses Day every year across the world. this day commemorates the first vaccination administered against a zoonotic disease such as Ebola, Avian influenza, and West Nile virus.
- This day also create awareness reagrding the risk of zoonotic diseases and their prevention.
- In 1885, French biologist, Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccination against a zoonotic disease on 6th July.