Today Top Current Affairs 29, 30 & 31 May 2022
Today Top Current Affairs 29, 30 & 31 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Also Read: Daily Current Affairs in Hindi [करेंट अफेयर्स हिंदी] – 31st May 2022
FIEO launches first-of-its-kind B2B digital marketplace for exporters, MSMEs and farmers
The Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) launched the first-of-its-kind online marketplace named “Indian Business Portal” for Indian exporters and foreign buyers.
- Indian Business Portal marketplace will act as a B2B digital marketplace.
- It aims to help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) exporters, artisans and farmers identify new markets for their products and grow their sales globally.
- It has been designed and developed in partnership with GlobalLinker.
- During the launch, Minister of State for Commerce & Industry Anupriya Patel was also present.
2022 Global Food Policy Report: Climate Change & Food Systems
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) has released Global Food Policy Report: Climate Change & Food Systems. the report shows India’s risk for hunger could increase by 23% by 2030 due to Climate Change.
- Due to climate change, India’s food production could drop 16% and the number of those at risk for hunger could increase by 23% by 2030.
- 73.9 million Indians may be at risk from hunger in 2030. if the effects of climate change were to be factored in, it can increase to 90.6 million.
- The aggregate food production index would drop from 1.6 to 1.5 under similar conditions.
Rajasthan adopts revised criteria for IG Shehri Rozgar Guarantee Yojana
Rajasthan Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot has approved new guidelines for the implementation of ‘Indira Gandhi Shahari Rozgar Yojana’.
- ‘Indira Gandhi Shahari Rozgar Yojana’ was announced by CM Gehlot in the 2022-23 budget to provide employment in urban areas on the lines of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- Under the new urban employment scheme, 100 days of employment per year will be provided to families residing in urban areas.
- The Rajasthan Govt will also spend Rs 800 crore per year.
Jitendra Singh inaugurates India’s first ‘Lavendar Festival’ in Bhaderwah
Union Minister Jitendra Singh has inaugurated the Lavender Festival, which is a first for India, in Jammu’s Bhaderwah. Lavender cultivation has transformed the mountainous area’s economy
- Lavender cultivation has created employment for about 5,000 farmers and young entrepreneurs in Jammu & Kashmir’s remote areas.
- More than 1,000 farming families are cultivating it on 200 acres.
Delhi Customs launches Project ‘NIGAH’ at ICD Garhi Harsaru
Delhi Customs Zone Chief Commissioner Surjit Bhujabal inaugurated project ‘NIGAH’ at ICD Garhi Harsaru, Gurugram.
- Project NIGAH is an initiative to track containers by using ICTM (ICD Container Tracking Module) which has been developed in collaboration with the Custodian M/s. GRFL.
- It will also help in better visibility of the container movement inside the ICD.
- Project NIGAH will help Customs to expedite long standing containers and monitor timely clearances, thereby enhancing Ease of Doing Business along with ensuring lead preventive checks.
Rajnath Singh approves new Defence Estates Circle for Uttarakhand
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved the proposal for the creation of a new Defence Estates Circle exclusively for Uttarakhand due to difficulties faced in managing large tracts of defence land in the state and the demand of cantonment residents.
- the MoD will establish an independent office of Defence Estates at Dehradun and a sub-office at Ranikhet.
Tokyo Bronze Medallist Lovlina Borgohain appointed as IBA’s Athletes’ Committee Chair
Tokyo Bronze Medallist, Lovlina Borgohain has been appointed as IBA’s Athletes’ Committee Chair. Indian boxer and Tokyo Olympics Bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain received the highest number of votes in the election which was held at the 2022 Women’s World Championships.
- Lovlina Borgohain was elected as the chair and a voting member on the Board of Directors for the IBA’s Athletes’ Committee.
Elon Musk, world’s richest man, was 2021’s highest paid CEO
As per the Fortune 500, Elon Musk — the world’s richest man — was the top-paid chief executive officer in 2021 with a salary of around $23.5 billion (roughly Rs 1,82,576 crore).
- Followed by, the chief executive officer of Apple Tim Cook, Satya Nadella, who is at the helm of Microsoft, and Reed Hastings, who is the boss of Netflix.
Cannes Film Festival 2022: A Complete List Of Winners
The 75th edition of the Cannes Film Festival ended with the nine-member jury giving out the big awards at the prestigious festival. a nine-member jury selected the awards. a nine-member jury headed by French actor Vincent Lindon and presented in a closing ceremony inside Cannes’ Grand Lumière Theater.
- Palme d’Or: Triangle of Sadness, directed by Ruben Östlund
- Grand Prix: Stars at Noon, directed by Claire Denis and Close directed by Lukas Dhont
- Jury Prize: Eo, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski and Le Otto Montagne, directed by Charlotte Vandermeersch and Felix van Groeningen
- Best Director: Park Chan-wook for Decision to Leave
- Best Actor: Song Kang-ho for Broker
- Best Actress: Zar Amir Ebrahimi for Holy Spider
- Best Screenplay: Tarik Saleh (Boy from Heaven)
- Camera d’Or: Gina Gammell and Riley Keough for War Pony
- Jury Special Award: Tori and Lokita
- L’Oeil d’Or: All That Breathes
- Jury Special Award (documentary): Mariupolis 2
3rd Global Organic Expo 2022
3rd Global Organic Expo 2022 is poised to be a major platform for Organic Producers, Aggregators, Processors, Value Chain Integrators, and the Industry Partners by offering a Global level conference.
- The Theme of 3rd Global Organic Expo 2022 is “Profitability for Humanity”.
- It will create awareness among the stakeholders as well as the people who care about their health.
IPPB introduces service charges for Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS)
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has introduced Aadhaar Enabled Payment System service charges (AePS), which will be in effect from June 15, 2022.
- Aadhaar Enabled Payment System service charges (AePS) is a bank-led model which allows online interoperable financial inclusion transactions at PoS (MicroATM) through the Business correspondent of any bank using the Aadhaar authentication.
- It will also allow to do six types of transactions.
MUFG Bank of Japan gets approval to open a branch at GIFT City
A Japanese lender MUFG Bank will open its new branch in Ahmedabad’s Gujarat International Financial Tec City (GIFT City) to conduct foreign currency lending.
- MUFG Bank of Japan has become the first Japanese bank to obtain approval for opening a branch at GIFT City in Gujarat.
- This will be the MUFG Bank of Japan’s 6th location in India. prior to this, its offices are located in Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, and Neemrana.
HDFC Securities launched Robo-advisory platform ‘HDFC Money’
HDFC Securities has launched a Robo-advisory investment platform named “HDFC Money”. “HDFC Money” platform aims to offer mutual fund schemes and other financial products without the need for a Demat account.
- One will be able to manage other aspects of finances such as accessing, managing, and tracking portfolios, starting goal planning, insurance planning, creating e-Wills and managing or filing taxes.
- The basic objective of investing is to achieve a financial goal, which could be as simple as a holiday trip to a complex retirement planning or child education/marriage.
India’s GDP growth to be 8.2-8.5 percent in FY22: SBI report
India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth in FY22 is predicted to be in the range of 8.2 to 8.5% as per the State Bank of India‘s research paper Ecowrap.
- the report was released by SBI’s Economic Research Department and mentioned that Uncertainties plague Q4FY22 GDP numbers as customary quarterly data revisions are quite difficult to comprehend and it will it hit the threshold of 3 to 3.5%.
- The government has been scheduled to release Q4 FY22 GDP numbers on 31st May 2022.
Gujarat Titans win IPL 2022 title in debut season
Gujarat Titans (GT) has won the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 trophy by defeating inaugural champions Rajasthan Royals (RR). IPL 2022 Final was played at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad on May 29th, 2022.
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 was the 15th edition of the professional Twenty20 cricket league and was established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
ISSF Junior World Cup 2022: India won 33 medals
India has received 33 medals in total, including 13 gold, 15 silver, and 5 bronze at International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup 2022. followed by, Italy came in second place with four gold medals. International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup 2022 was held at Suhl in Germany.
- The Indian contingent was led by ace shooters Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary.
- In the last edition of the ISSF Junior World Cup in 2021, India won 43 medals – 17 golds, 16 silvers and 10 bronze – to top the medals table.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandha Wins 36th Reykjavik Open 2022
Praggnanandhaa has won the 36th Reykjavik Open 2022 on 22nd February 2022 at Airthings Masters Rapid Chess Tournament and became the youngest player to beat the World Champion Magnus Carlsen.
- This was his 2nd win again the world champion Magnus Carlsen within 3 months.
- He is the younger sibling of chess player Vaishali Rameshbabu who is a two-time youth chess champion.
- He became India’s youngest and the world’s second youngest GM at the age of 12 years, 10 months and 13 days while playing in the Grenadine Open in Italy in 2016.
International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers 2022
The “International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers” is observed on 29th May every year across the world.
- it aims to pay tribute to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve in United Nations peacekeeping operations for their high level of professionalism, dedication, and courage.
- it also honours the memory of those who have lost their lives in the cause of peace.
- The theme 2022 of the Day is “People. Peace. Progress. The Power of Partnerships.”
Daily Current Affairs 29, 30 & 31 May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.