Jitendra Singh inaugurates India’s first ‘Lavendar Festival’ in Bhaderwah – Union Minister Jitendra Singh has inaugurated the Lavender Festival, which is a first for India, in Jammu’s Bhaderwah. Lavender cultivation has transformed the mountainous area’s economy
- Lavender cultivation has created employment for about 5,000 farmers and young entrepreneurs in Jammu & Kashmir’s remote areas.
- More than 1,000 farming families are cultivating it on 200 acres.
- CSIR-Aroma Mission aims to develop aroma-related science and technology to reach end-users — farmers, industry, and society.
- During Phase I, CSIR helped cultivate 6,000 hectares and covered 46 aspirational districts.
- In Phase II, the Aroma Mission aims to engage over 45,000 skilled persons to benefit more than 75,000 farming families.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.