Today Top Current Affairs 28 June 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 28 June 2021: Daily Current Affairs 28th June 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams.
Ind-Ra cuts Indian GDP growth rate for FY22 at 9.6%
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has cut the GDP growth rate of India for the fiscal year FY22 (2021-22) at 9.6%. prior to this, Ind-Ra estimated at 10.1 percent for fiscal year FY22.
World Bank approves $125 million financial support program for Green and Resilient Kerala
The Executive Directors of World Bank (WB) have announced to approve a $125 million support for the ‘Resilient Kerala Program’. the Resilient Kerala Program’s financial support will help in preparedness against natural disasters, climate change impacts, disease outbreaks, and pandemics.
Green and Resilient program Kerala
- The amount will be used to incorporate disaster risk planning in the master plans of urban and local self-governments in order to make financial constraints ease on the Kerala government when faced with unexpected shocks.
- It will help in making the health, water resources management, agriculture, and road sectors more resilient to calamities.
PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Extended till 30th September
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has taken a decision to extend the deadline for the mandatory linking of the Permanent Account Number (PAN) with the Aadhaar number due to the 2nd wave of COVID-19. now, the new deadline is September 30, 2021. prior to this, CBDT announced the deadline was June 30th, 2021.
- The extension will help in providing relief to those who still have not linked their PAN with Aadhaar due to a mismatch in details.
Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act 1961:
- Everyone with PAN as of July 1, 2017, and is eligible to obtain Aadhaar, must link PAN with Aadhaar.
First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier of India to be commissioned in 2022
India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-I) will be commissioned by 2022. The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has informed it. It will be named INS Vikrant, in memory of India’s first aircraft carrier.
- India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-I) is under construction at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), Kochi, Kerala.
- the carrier will be made of 75 percent of indigenous content from design, to steel used in construction, to key weapons and sensors.
LIC launches IT Platform e-PGS for group business operation
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) introduces a new IT platform called ‘e-PGS’. ‘e-PGS’ platform will be for its group business operations.
- e-PGS is a centralized web-based workflow-based IT platform.
- it will offer centralized collection and payment accounting with a high level of bank integration through the host to host connectivity.
- Along with it, it will also offer comprehensive self-servicing capabilities via a customer portal where corporate customers can view their data, initiate actionable processes, lodge and track claims.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) –
Chairperson: M R Kumar
Founder: Government of India
Founded: 1 September 1956
SBI launches Aarogyam Healthcare Business Loan
The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a new business loan scheme named ‘Aarogyam Loan’ for the healthcare sector. the main aim of this loan scheme is to extend financial support, during the difficult times of the COVID-19.
- The beneficiaries will be given advantages of Rs. 100 crore and they can pay the loan amount in 10 years.
- The beneficiaries will cover the entire healthcare ecosystem like hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, pathology labs, manufacturers, suppliers, importers, logistic firms engaged in critical healthcare supply.
Amazon AWS acquires Encrypted Messaging App Wickr
Amazon acquired an American instant messaging app named ‘Wickr’. the Amazon will offer secure communications for businesses, government agencies, and individuals, who are moving to hybrid work environments amid the COVID-19 situation.
- Amazon.com Inc’s cloud computing unit Amazon Web Services (AWS) has acquired the Wickr app.
American instant messaging app ‘Wickr’:
- The app is encrypted messaging services.
- the app was founded in 2012 and is used by US government agencies.
- The app offers the most secure, end-to-end encrypted, communication technology, with advanced security features.
About Amazon AWS –
CEO: Andy Jassy
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
S&P Projects Indian Growth Forecast for FY22 to 9.5%
S&P Global Ratings has Projected that The growth forecast of India will be 9.5 percent for 2021-22 (FY22). prior to this, S&P Global Ratings’ estimation was 11 percent. but, due to sharp contraction in economic activity, S&P Global Ratings has cut India’s growth forecast. and also, Projects 7.8 percent growth for FY 2022-23 (FY23).
About S&P Global Ratings –
Headquarters: New York, United States
Founder: Henry Varnum Poor
President: John L. Berisford
“It’s a Wonderful Life” Book by Ruskin Bond
The famous author Ruskin Bond has come out with his new book named “It’s a Wonderful Life: Roads to Happiness“. Ruskin Bond is a recipient of the Padma Bhushan award.
- The book highlights how to be happy in difficult times, especially during the time of pandemics.
Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N Patel as acting CVC
The Vigilance Commissioner, Suresh N Patel has been elected as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) of India in the Central Vigilance Commission. he has assumed the post from 24th June 2021.
- Patel was administered the oath of office by Central Vigilance Commissioner Sanjay Kothari through video conference.
- Mr Patel will take place of Sanjay Kothari, who completed his term on June 23rd, 2021.
- Suresh N Patel will serve as acting CVC until the appointment of the new Central Vigilance Commissioner.
International Day in Support of Victims of Torture 2021
The day of 26th June is observed as International Day in Support of Victims of Torture in order to speak out against the crime of torture and this day also honors and supports victims and survivors throughout the world.
Micro-Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day 2021
The day of 27th June is observed as United Nations Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises Day. it aims to celebrate the work of MSMEs in local and global economies and their contribution to sustainable development.
- It also highlights the contribution of these industries in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
2021 Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day Theme is “MSME 2021: key to an inclusive and sustainable recovery.”
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2021
The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed on 26 June every year. this day highlights to fight against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade since 1989.
The theme of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2021 is “Share Facts On Drugs, Save Lives”
The day June 26th was chosen by the UN General Assembly, on December 7, 1987, as International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking by its resolution 42/112. The assembly was made the decision to observe this day as an expression of its resolution to make international society free of drug abuse.