Today Top Current Affairs 25 June 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 25 June 2021: Daily Current Affairs 25th June 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams.
World’s first-ever genetically modified rubber planted in Assam
On 22nd June 2021, The world’s first genetically modified (GM) rubber plant was planted by Rubber Board chairman and executive director KN Raghavan at the board’s farm in Sarutari near Guwahati, Assam.
genetically modified (GM) rubber plant
- The GM rubber plant the first of its kind was developed exclusively for the northeast.
- The GM rubber plant may thrive in the climatic conditions of the region.
About Assam –
Chief minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Tamil Nadu makes Five-Member Economic Advisory Council for economic and social policies
The state Govt of Tamil Nadu has formed a five-member Economic Advisory Council to the Chief Minister. The five-member Economic Advisory Council will help in providing general guidance to state Chief Minister MK Stalin in managing the economic and social policies, social justice, and human development-related issues, and in matters related to equal opportunities for women and well-being of underprivileged groups in the state.
Five-Member Economic Advisory Council Members:
- Prof. Raghuram Rajan – (former Reserve Bank of India Governor)
- Prof. Esther Duflo – (French–American economist, and professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), also the winner of the 2019 Nobel Prize)
- Dr. Arvind Subramanian – (former Chief Economic Advisor)
- Prof. Jean Dreze – (welfare economist and social scientist)
- Dr. S Narayan
About Tamil Nadu –
Capital: Chennai Trending
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Chief minister: M. K. Stalin
New Zealand wins first ICC World Test Championship
On 23rd June 2021, New Zealand won the first ICC World Test Championship, defeating the Indian Team. The match had 6 days of play in place of the regular 5 days due to the rain factor.
- Kyle Jamieson (NZ) was honored with the Player of the match while Kane Williamson (NZ) became the player of the series.
- The first test championship was started in 2019 and the final match was held between India and New Zealand in 2021. And, the next Test Championship will be played between 2021-2023.
ICC World Test Championship: Top 3 Team
- New Zealand
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches Pay Your Contact service
Kotak Mahindra Bank has made an announcement about the launch of ‘Pay Your Contact’. it will enable its customers to send money or make payments to any of their contacts across all payment apps simply by the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- customers can use the ‘Pay Your Contact’ service through the lender’s mobile banking app.
- It uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform.
- The ‘Pay Your Contact’ feature allows users to make payments as easily and simply.
- Kotak customers will be able to make their payments to a friend, household help, neighborhood shop.
Moody’s slashes India’s GDP growth rate to 9.6%
Moody’s Investors Service has downgraded the GDP of India to 9.6% for the FY2021 Due to 2nd wave of COVID-19 infections hit India’s economy in April and May. prior to this, Moody made a projection of 13.9 percent. Along with it, Moody’s Investors Service has also projected 7 percent GDP for the calendar year 2022
S&P Projects Indian Growth Forecast for FY22 to 9.5%
S&P Global Ratings has Projected that The growth forecast of India will be 9.5 percent for 2021-22 (FY22). prior to this, S&P Global Ratings’ estimation was 11 percent. but, due to sharp contraction in economic activity, S&P Global Ratings has cut India’s growth forecast. and also, Projects 7.8 percent growth for FY 2022-23 (FY23).
About S&P Global Ratings –
Headquarters: New York, United States
Founder: Henry Varnum Poor
President: John L. Berisford
Harsh Vardhan introduces a book named ‘My Joys and Sorrows – as a Mother of a Special Child’
On 22nd June 2021, The Health & Family Welfare Union Minister Shri Harsh Vardhan has launched a new book named “My Joys and Sorrows – as a Mother of a Special Child”
- The book has been written by Dr. Krishna Saksena.
- Dr. Krishna Saksena has authored this book as an autobiography
Autobiography “Will” by American Actor Will Smith, is to be released in November 2021
The American actor, rapper, and film producer, Willard Carroll Smith has introduced his autobiography named ‘Will’. The Will Book will be released on November 09, 2021, and Penguin Press will publish Autobiography ‘Will’ in November 2021
- Along with it, the book will be in audio format.
- the book highlights the details regarding Smith’s transformation from a fearful child in a tense West Philadelphia home to one of the biggest rap stars of his era and then one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood history.
OnePlus appointed Jasprit Bumrah as Brand Ambassador for the Wearables category
OnePlus has decided to appoint Indian Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah as Brand Ambassador for its Wearables category. OnePlus is going to launch a 360-degree campaign Under the partnership with Bumrah and also, will be started by a ‘OnePlus x Jasprit Bumrah’ digital film on OnePlus India YouTube and Instagram platforms.
- The OnePlus wearables category covers the OnePlus Watch and OnePlus Band.
Malayalam cinematographer-filmmaker Sivan passes away at 89
On 24th June 2021, Three-time National-Award-winning cinematographer and filmmaker Sivan passed away at the age of 89. Sivan was a famous photographer and he started his career in the film industry with Chemmeen (1965).
- He also had directed movies such as Yagam, Abhayam, Kochu Kochu Mohangal, Oru Yathra, Kilivathil, and Keshu.
Sivan is survived by his four children –
- Santosh Sivan (cinematographer-filmmaker),
- Sangeeth Sivan (filmmaker-screenwriter)
- Sanjeev Sivan (filmmaker-screenwriter)
- Saritha Rajeev.
John McAfee, the founder of McAfee antivirus software, Dies at 75 by suicide
John David McAfee has passed away at the age of 75 “apparently from suicide”. McAfee was the British-American Software pioneer and was the founder of the McAfee antivirus software.
- He was found dead in his cell in a jail near Barcelona.
- in 2020, He was arrested for evading taxes.