Today Top Current Affairs 29 June 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 29 June 2021: Daily Current Affairs 29th June 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announces relief package of Rs 6,28,993 crore to support Indian economy in fight against COVID-19 pandemic
The Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a slew of measures to provide relief to diverse sectors affected by the 2nd wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. the main purpose of this relief package is to prepare the health systems for emergency response and provide the impetus for growth and employment. A total of 17 measures amounting to Rs. 6,28,993 crore were announced.
- Rs 1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme for COVID affected sectors
- Additional Rs 1.5 lakh crore for Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- Credit Guarantee Scheme to facilitate loans to 25 lakh persons through Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
- Financial support to more than 11,000 Registered Tourists/ Guides/ Travel and Tourism Stakeholders
- Free one-month Tourist Visa to first 5 lakh tourists
- Extension of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana till 31st March 2022
- Additional subsidy of Rs. 14,775 crore for DAP & P&K fertilizers
- Extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) – Free food grains from May to November 2021
- Rs. 23,220 crores more for public health with emphasis on children and paediatric care/paediatric beds
- 21 varieties of the bio-fortified crop for nutrition, climate resilience, and other traits to be dedicated to the nation
- Revival of North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation (NERAMAC) with a package of Rs 77.45 crore
- Rs. 33,000 crore boost for project exports through National Export Insurance Account (NEIA)
- Rs. 88,000 crore boost to Export Insurance Cover
- Rs. 19,041 crore For Broadband to each Village through BharatNet PPP Model
- Extension of Tenure of PLI Scheme for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing till 2025-26
- Rs 3.03 lakh crore for Reform-Based Result-Linked Power Distribution Scheme
- New Streamlined Process for PPP Projects and Asset Monetization
DRDO successfully flight-tests New Generation Agni P Ballistic Missile off Odisha Coast
On 28th June 2021, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested a New Generation Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile “Agni P”. the test was conducted from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha, Balasore.
Nuclear Capable Ballistic Missile “Agni P”:
- It is a new-generation advanced variant from the Agni class of missiles.
- Agni P is a new generation advanced variant of the Agni class of missiles. It is a canisterised missile with a range capability between 1,000 and 2,000 km.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) –
Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
Reliance Jio and Google Cloud Join Hands for 5G Technology
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (Jio) has made an announcement of a collaboration with Google Cloud to offer 5G technology for enterprise customers and consumers in the country.
- Google Cloud will help in offering a complete end-to-end cloud offering for fully automated lifecycle management of Jio’s 5G network and services, using its Edge Cloud infrastructure.
Technical Skill for Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) Programme in Bhutan
On 23rd June 2021, India is elected as the Partner Jurisdiction for the Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) program launched in Bhutan. India will provide technical know-how and skills and share best audit practices with tax auditors of Bhutan to aid Bhutan in strengthening its tax administration in the country.
Technical Skill for Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) Programme
- It is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) initiative was launched in the year 2015.
- it aims to strengthen the auditing capacity of developing nations and multinationals’ compliance across the world.
- Along with it, The program will focus on the area of International Taxation and Transfer Pricing.
Twitter appoints California-based Jeremy Kessel as India Grievance Officer
Twitter has made an announcement to appoint California-based Jeremy Kessel as the new Grievance Officer for India. As per the new Information Technology Rules, 2021, social media companies have to appoint a Grievance Officer.
- But, Kessel’s appointment is not in line with new IT rules guidelines. because a grievance redressal officer should be a resident of India.
Praveen Sinha as Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has taken a decision to appoint Praveen Sinha as the Special Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He will take place of Rakesh Asthana and The post was vacant for the last three years.
Who is Praveen Sinha
- Sinha is an IPS officer of the 1988 batch from Gujarat-cadre.
- He has served as an Additional Director in the CBI.
- He also worked as superintendent of police, deputy inspector general, joint director between 2000 and 2021.
- Sinha has investigated various Supreme Court/High Courts entrusted/monitored scams; major bank frauds and financial crimes, serial bomb blasts, and so on.
Star Archer Deepika Kumari wins three Gold Medals at Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Paris
On 25th June 2021, The Ace Indian archer Deepika Kumari has won three back-to-back gold medals in a single day and made a new world record. Deepika won gold medals during the Archery World Cup Stage 3 which was held in Paris (France) Between 21st June and 27th June 2021.
- In addition, India has topped the medal tally with 4 gold medals.
- Abhishek Verma won the 4th Gold medal for India from men’s individual events in the compound section.
Max Verstappen Wins 2021 Styrian Grand Prix
Max Verstappen has won the Styrian Grand Prix 2021. the race was held on 27th June 2021. Verstappen achieved his 4th win in the 2021 Formula One (F1) season. Lewis Hamilton (Britain-Mercedes) and Valtteri Bottas (Finland- Mercedes) finished their race at 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- Verstappen is at the top of the 2021 driver’s championship standings and has 156 points, and Hamilton has 138 points.
2021 Styrian Grand Prix Results: