Today Top Current Affairs 26 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
India’s participation as Guest of honour at the Paris Book Festival 2022
India is designated as the Guest of Honour Country at the Paris Book Festival 2022. Paris Book Festival 2022 is being held between 21st April 2022 and 24th April 2022.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi – President Emmanuel Macron Joint Statement released the announcement in 2018 during the French President’s visit to New Delhi.
Elon Musk is set to acquire Twitter for $44 billion
The world’s richest man Elon Musk has taken control of Twitter for approximately $44 billion with shares valued at $54.20. Musk had announced his takeover bid on April 14th, 2022.
NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar resigns, Suman K Bery appointed as new Vice Chairman
Suman K Bery has been appointed as the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog by the government on April 22, 2022. he will replace former Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar who resigned from the post. Suman K Bery will take charge as the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog from May 1st, 2022.
- Rajiv Kumar’s tenure as the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog will end on April 30th, 2022.
- Rajiv is an eminent economist and assumed the charge as the Vice-Chairman in August 2017 after the then VC Arvind Panagariya.
Capgemini CEO Ashwin Yardi appointed UNICEF’s YuWaah board co-chair
UNICEF’s YuWaah’ – the Indian chapter of Generation Unlimited has announced the CEO of Capgemini in India Ashwin Yardi as its co-chair and will be a co-chair along with Yasumasa Kimura, the UNICEF Representative.
- UNICEF said that The YuWaah board would act as a decision-making body and will also support the YuWaah Secretariat for funding and functional expertise.
- YuWaah sets an ambitious target to enrol 300 young people as change makers.
NMDC Conferred at PRSI Awards 2022
The National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. (NMDC) has achieved first place in four categories and has been conferred the Public Relations Awards 2022 by the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI).
- Telangana Minister of Prohibition & Excise, Sports & Youth Services, Tourism & Culture, Shri V Srinivas Goud was the Chief Guest and presented the award to NMDC’s Shri Praveen Kumar, ED (Personnel) and Shri Ch. Srinivasa Rao, DGM (Corporate Communications).
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy gets John F Kennedy Award
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation has awarded the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award 2022 to five individuals for the first time ever. Caroline Kennedy and her son, Jack Schlossberg will represent the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award 2022 on May 22, 2022, at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, USA.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been named for his valour to protect the Ukrainian people during the Russia-Ukraine Conflict.
Winners of John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award 2022
- Ukrainian President: Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- United States (US) Representative: Liz Cheney
- Michigan Secretary of State: Jocelyn Benson
- Arizona Representative: Russell “Rusty” Bowers
- Fulton County, Georgia, elections worker: Wandrea “Shaye” Moss
International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace 2022
Every year, the International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace is observed on April 24 across the world.
- The main objective of this day is to boost knowledge regarding the advantages of multilateralism and diplomacy for peace, including through educational and public awareness-raising activities.
- in December 2018, the UN General Assembly announced to observe this day, and on 24th April 2019, this day was celebrated for the first time.
International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day 2022
Every year, The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is observed on April 26th across the world.
- This day aims to create awareness of the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 and the risks of nuclear energy in general.
International Delegates Day 2022
Every year, International Delegate’s Day is observed on April 25th across the world. it aims to create awareness of the function of Member States‘ representatives and delegates at the United Nations.
- it also marks to prevent war and conflict and pave the way for peaceful and prosperous societies with the help of dialogue and collaboration, particularly during the most difficult of times.
World Intellectual Property Day 2022
Every year, World Intellectual Property Day is observed on April 26 in order to create awareness about the importance of intellectual property (IP) rights in fostering innovation and creativity.
- This day aims to raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks, and designs are impacting our daily life.
- The theme 2022 for World Intellectual Property Day is ‘IP and Youth innovating for a better future.
Daily Current Affairs 26th April 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.