NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar resigns, Suman K Bery appointed as new Vice Chairman – Suman K Bery has been appointed as the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog by the government on April 22, 2022. he will replace former Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar who resigned from the post. Suman K Bery will take charge as the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog from May 1st, 2022.
- Rajiv Kumar’s tenure as the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog will end on April 30th, 2022.
- Rajiv is an eminent economist and assumed the charge as the Vice-Chairman in August 2017 after the then VC Arvind Panagariya.
NITI Aayog new Vice Chairman: Who is Suman K Bery?
- Govt has appointed Suman K Bery as the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Suman has earlier served as the Director-General (Chief Executive) of the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) in New Delhi.
- He has also worked as a member of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council, the Reserve Bank of India’s Technical Advisory Committee on Monetary Policy, and the Statistical Commission.
- In 2010, Suman K Bery was a member of Manmohan Singh’s Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council.
- he played a role in the Reserve Bank of India tightening its monetary policy to rein in the rising inflation.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.