International Delegates Day 2022: Purpose, Background – Every year, International Delegate’s Day is observed on 25th April across the world. it aims to create awareness of the function of Member States‘ representatives and delegates at the United Nations.
- it also marks to prevent war and conflict and pave the way for peaceful and prosperous societies with the help of dialogue and collaboration, particularly during the most difficult of times.
International Delegates Day 2022: History
- The General Assembly, in resolution 73/286 on 2 April 2019, recalled the accomplishments of the San Francisco Conference and declares the day of 25th April as International Delegates Day.
- United Nations (UN) conducted the 1st International Delegate’s Day on April 25th, 2020.
- International Delegates Day refers to the 1st day of the San Francisco Conference’s anniversary.
- San Francisco is famous for the United Nations Conference on International Organization.
- First-time delegates from 50 nations had come together in San Francisco On 25 April 1945.
- this conference was organized after the finishing of the 2nd world war. its aim was to restore world peace and make rules on the post-war world order.
- The UN Charter was signed by 50 countries that were part of that conference on June 26, 1945. as a result, the UN was created.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.