World Intellectual Property Day 2022: Theme and History – Every year, World Intellectual Property Day is observed on April 26 in order to create awareness about the importance of intellectual property (IP) rights in fostering innovation and creativity.
World Intellectual Property Day 2022: Purpose
- This day aims to raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks, and designs are impacting our daily life.
- it also reminds us to celebrate creativity, and the contribution made by creators and innovators to the development of societies.
World Intellectual Property Day 2022: Theme
- The theme 2022 for World Intellectual Property Day is ‘IP and Youth innovating for a better future, focusing on the positive change that is brought by young minds through innovation, energy and creativity.
- The World Intellectual Property Day Theme 2021: ‘Intellectual property and small businesses: Taking big ideas to market’
Intellectual Property Day 2022: History
- In 2000, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) established the event to “raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life.”
- The day of 26th April was selected as the day to celebrate World’s Intellectual Property Day.
- This day also coincides with the date when the convention establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization came into effect in 1970.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.