Today Top Current Affairs 23 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 23rd November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 23rd November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
CII to conduct 20th edition of ‘Connect 2021’ in Chennai
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will conduct the 20th edition of the flagship event ‘Connect 2021’ from November 26 to 27 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. the aim of the 20th edition of the Confederation of Indian Industry’s flagship event, Connect 2021 is to take the state GDP to USD one trillion by 2030.
- On 26th November, Chief Minister M K Stalin will inaugurate the event.
- Australia and the United Kingdom will join the event as partner countries.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu hosts the flagship event of CII in the collaboration of Software Technology Parks of India and the Union Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications.
- Connect 2021 would have participation from various industrial sectors, IN, manufacturing, automobiles, textiles, food processing, healthcare, finance, banking among others.
Education Minister Inaugurates Centres for Nano Technology, Indian Knowledge System at IIT Guwahati
The Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated the Centre for Nanotechnology (CNT) and Centre for Indian Knowledge System (CIKS) at IIT Guwahati on 22nd November 2021.
- The Centre for Nanotechnology (CNT) aims to meet future challenges and augment academic partnerships with the industry in nanotechnology.
- Also, The centre will run 25 advanced laboratories which will focus on advancements in multi-disciplinary, scientific, and translational research.
- Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has raised the funds for Centre for Nanotechnology (CNT).
Andhra Pradesh conferred with Best Marine State Award
Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying has awarded best performing States for 2020-21 for the second time in the Fisheries sector on the occasion of World Fisheries Day.
- Telangana has been conferred as the best performer in Inland Fisheries while Andhra Pradesh was conferred with best marine State in India award during the Fisheries awards 2021.
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala distributed the awards to State and the awards are presented to recognize their accomplishments and contribution towards to fisheries sector.
El Salvador Plans World’s First Bitcoin City
El Salvador has made a plan to build the world’s first “Bitcoin City”. initially, it will be funded by bitcoin-backed bonds and will be developed in the eastern region of La Union.
- It will not levy any taxes except for value added tax (VAT).
- Half of the VAT levied would be used to fund the bonds issued to build the city, and the other half would pay for services such as garbage collection, and it has been estimated the public infrastructure would cost around 300,000 bitcoins.
- In September 2021, El Salvador became the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender.
Russia Successfully Test Fires Zircon Hypersonic Missile
Russia has conducted another successful test of its Zircon hypersonic cruise missile, which is one of the latest additions to the country’s arsenal of weapons called “invincible“. the Zircon missile was tested from the Admiral Gorshkov warship and hit a test target in Russia’s Arctic waters.
- Hypersonics missiles can travel more than five times the speed of sound and manoeuvre in mid-flight.
- It is hard to track and intercept than traditional projectiles Hypersonics.
Venezuela claims Guinness World Record for largest orchestra
Venezuela’s National System of Youth and Children’s Orchestras (known as “El Sistema”) has made a new Guinness record for the world’s largest orchestra with 8,573 musicians playing together for more than five minutes.
- The previous such record for an orchestra was Created by Russia when 8,097 musicians played together in St. Petersburg.
- President Nicolas Maduro showed the certificate from Guinness World Records that highlights “El Sistema” broke the record with 8,573 musicians in the orchestra.
SBI Ecowrap report predicts India’s GDP for FY22 between 9.3% and 9.6%
SBI Research has revised India’s GDP growth projection between 9.3% and 9.6% for FY22 and 8.1% in Q2FY22 as 42% of the Indian population have got fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Prior to this, the agency estimated in the range of 8.5%-9%.
Anita Desai gets 2021 Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award
Anita Desai has been awarded the Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2021 to recognise her long literary career which spans over 50 years. The prestigious Tata Literature Live! Literary Awards for 2021 was held from November 18th to 21st.
- Anita Desai is India’s one of the best-selling authors.
- Indian poet Adil Jussawala has been conferred with the Poet Laureate award for 2021 to recognise exceptional work which has made a significant impact in the Indian literary field.
Kento Momota and An Seyoung won 2021 Indonesia Masters Badminton Tournament
Japanese top-seeded Kento Momota has won the men’s singles title at the 2021 Indonesia Masters Super 750 badminton tournament. in the final match, Momota beat Anders Antonsen of Denmark by 21-17, 21-11 points.
- Indonesia Masters 2021 was held at Bali in Indonesia between November 16 and 21 November 2021.
- On the other hand, fourth-seeded An Seyoung of South Korea defeated top-seed Akane Yamaguchi of Japan 21-17, 21-19 and has won the title in women’s single category.