Today Top Current Affairs 24 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 24th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 24th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Amit Shah lays foundation for ‘Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum’ in Manipur
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has laid the foundation for ‘Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum’ in the state through video conferencing on 22nd November 2021. it aims to honour the contribution made by freedom fighters of the state during the freedom struggle against British Rule.
- Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum will be established at Luangkao village, Tamenglong district, the birthplace of freedom fighter Rani Gaidinliu and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs will fund an estimated cost of Rs 15 crore.
- In 2016, the Tribal Affairs Ministry planned to set up nine museums dedicated to tribal freedom fighters across the country, are being established in Rajpipla in Gujarat, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Lambasingi (Andhra Pradesh), Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Kozhikode(Kerala), Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh), Hyderabad (Telangana), Senapati (Manipur) and Kelsi (Mizoram).
International Emmy Awards 2021
On 22nd November 2021, The International Emmy Awards 2021 was the 49th edition of the annual ceremony held in New York City.
- From India, Nawazuddin Siddiqui was nominated for Best Actor for his performance in Serious Men,
- And, Sushmita Sen-led Aarya was nominated for Best Drama and comedian Vir Das was nominated for Best Comedy.
- Best Actor – David Tennant for Des (UK)
- Best Actress – Hayley Squires for Adult Material (UK)
- Best Drama Series – Tehran (Israel)
- Best Comedy Series – Call My Agent Season 4 (France)
- Best Documentary – Hope Frozen: A Quest To Live Twice (Thailand)
- Best Telenovela – The Song Of Glory (China)
- Best TV Movie / Mini-Series – Atlantic Crossing (Norway)
- Best Arts Programming – Kubrick By Kubrick (France)
- Best Short-Form Series – INSiDE (New Zealand)
- Best Non-Scripted Entertainment – The Masked Singer (UK)
- Best Non-English Language U.S. Primetime Program – 21st Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards (USA)
India Vs UK: The Story of an Unprecedented Diplomatic Win- Book by Syed Akbaruddin
Former India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Syed Akbaruddin has released his new book titled ‘India Vs UK: The Story of an Unprecedented Diplomatic Win’.
- It highlights the view of India’s victory at the UN body-International Court of Justice in the 2017 elections, in a close fight with the UK.
- foreign minister Sushma Swaraj called the 2017 election as ‘second war of Independence’
Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day 2021
Every year, Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day is observed on 24 November. This day marks the death anniversary of Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, who was the ninth of ten Sikh gurus.
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day is also known as Shaheedi Diwas.
- In 1675, Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji was publicly executed in Delhi on the order of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji sacrificed his life for human values and religious freedom.
Lachit Divas on 24 November
In Assam, Lachit Divas (Lachit Day) is celebrated every year on November 24. the day marks the birth anniversary of the legendary Ahom army general Lachit Borphukan.
- It also commemorates the heroism of Lachit Borphukan. In 2017, the celebration of Lachit Divas was held for the first time.
- Lachit Borphukan was a commander in the Ahom kingdom and was known for his leadership in the 1671 Battle of Saraighat.
- He played his heroic role in the battle to drive away from the Mughal forces under the command of Ram Singh to take over the kingdom.