Today Top Current Affairs 22 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 22nd November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 22nd November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Navy inducts India’s first stealth guided-missile destroyer “INS Visakhapatnam”
India’s first stealth guided-missile destroyer named “INS Visakhapatnam” has been formally commissioned into the Indian Navy at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai on 21st November 2021. the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was also present during commissioning.
- INS Visakhapatnam is a P15B stealth-guided missile destroyer, and has been indigenously designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organisation Directorate of Naval Design and constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited.
ICC appoints Geoff Allardice as permanent CEO
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has appointed Geoff Allardice as the permanent CEO of the International Cricket Council. Allardice has served as interim CEO for more than eight months before being Permanent CEO.
- Geoff Allardice has replaced Manu Sawhney, who had resigned from his position in July 2021.
- Allardice is a former Australian first-class cricketer and administrator.
- He had served as the ICC General Manager, Cricket for eight years.
- He also played a similar role at Cricket Australia.
India finishes with 7 medals at 2021 Asian Archery Championships in Dhaka
India has finished with 7 medals at the 2021 Asian Archery Championships. the 2021 Asian Archery Championships was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh from November 14, 2021, to November 19, 2021.
- The Indian archers have received 7 medals (including one gold, four silver and two bronze medals) at the competition and stood at 2nd place in the medal table.
- South Korea occupied first place in the medal table with 15 medals and Bangladesh remained at 3rd.
Lewis Hamilton wins 2021 F1 Qatar Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the 2021 F1 Qatar Grand Prix, which was held on November 21, 2021.
- Followed by Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) and Fernando Alonso (Alpine- Spain) came 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- Lewis Hamilton becomes the 1st F1 driver who has won at 30 different circuits in Formula One (F-1).
- Two more Grand Prix events such as the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are to be held in 2021.
Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa passes away at 77
Renowned Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa has taken her last breath at the age of 77 on 21st November 2021. she was suffering from a prolonged illness.
- Gurmeet Bawa was the wife of Punjabi folk singer Kirpal Bawa.
- she is known for her long ‘hek’ (opening of a song while singing to create a melodious voice with an unbreakable wave) for about 45 seconds.
- She began performing on Doordarshan and she was the first Punjabi female singer to appear on the national television channel.
World Television Day 2021
World Television Day is observed on November 21st every year across the world. the main purpose of this day is to highlight the impact television has on the process of decision-making.
- The day marks the date on which the first World Television Forum was held in 1996.
- The United Nations General Assembly decided to celebrate World Television Day on November 21 every year.
- In 1996, the United Nations conducted the 1st World Television Forum and during the Forum, the members of the meeting discussed the growing significance of television in today’s changing world and consider how they might enhance their mutual cooperation.
<< Read Full News Here >>
World Fisheries Day 2021
Every year, World Fisheries Day is observed on 21st November across the world. the main objective of this day is to highlight the importance of healthy oceans ecosystems and aims to ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world.
- It also marks factors including the necessity of healthy oceans, balance in the ecosystem and surroundings.
- World Fisheries Day marks a significant day for the fisher-folk communities.
- in 2015, World Fisheries Day was celebrated for the first time.
<< Read Full News Here >>