Today Top Current Affairs 2 & 3 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2 & 3 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 2 & 3 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
AI-based Solution XraySetu Launched to Detect Covid in Rural Population via WhatsApp
A new AI-driven platform named ‘XraySetu’ has been developed by ARTPARK (AI & Robotics Technology Park) with Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India, in collaboration with Bangalore based HealthTech startup Niramai and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
- XraySetu will help in the early detection of COVID 19, with the help of a Chest X-ray for rural people and where RT-PCR tests and CT-Scans are not easily available.
- XraySetu will work via WhatsApp and will identify COVID-positive patients even from low-resolution Chest X-Ray images sent over Whatsapp-based Chatbot.
How XraySetu works:
- To conduct the health check, any doctor simply needs to visit www.xraysetu.com and click on the ‘Try the Free XraySetu Beta’ button.
- The platform will then redirect the person to another page, wherein he or she can choose to engage with the WhatsApp-based chatbot via web or smartphone application.
IT Ropar Develops IoT Device ‘AmbiTag’
The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, in Punjab, has developed a first-of-its-kind Internet of Things (IoT) device named ‘AmbiTag’. AmbiTag device will role in recording a real-time ambient temperature during the transportation of perishable products like vaccines, body organs, and blood.
- AmbiTag is a USB-shaped device
- it has the ability to be continuously recording the temperature,
- It has a range from -40℃ to 80℃ for a full 90 days on a single charge.
- AmbiTag will give an alert when the temperature goes beyond a pre-set limit.
WhatsApp appoints Paresh B Lal as Grievance Officer for India
WhatsApp has announced to appoint Paresh B Lal as the Grievance Officer for India. WhatsApp has also shared details on its official website for how to contact Mr. Lal. as per the new IT law, social media companies must show the names and other details of their grievance officers on their websites.
- The grievance officer will address the complaint within 24 hours and resolve the complaint within 15 days.
Dr Vinay K Nandicoori as Director of CCMB Hyderabad
Dr. Vinay K Nandicoori has been elected as the Director at the CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Nandicoori is a famous and noted biologist.
- he is also a scientist at the DBT-National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi.
- Dr Nandicoori will take place of Dr. Rakesh K Mishra as CCMB’s Director.
- Dr. Rakesh K Mishra will serve as Director at the Tata Institute of Genetics and Society and will also be as CCMB’s Advisor to help CCMB in its efforts against the ongoing pandemic.
Dr Patrick Amoth as Chair of WHO Executive Board
The Director-General for Health, Ministry of Health of Kenya Dr. Patrick Amoth has been elected as the Chairman of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Executive Board. he will serve for a period of one year.
- His appointment was done during the 149th session of the WHO Executive board.
- Dr. Patrick Amoth will take place of Union Health Minister, Government of India, Dr. Harsh Vardhan who completes his term on June 02, 2021.
Isaac Herzog as President of Israel
On 1st June 2021, Isaac Herzog has been appointed as the President of Israel during the 120 members parliamentary election for 2021.
- Herzog will serve as the 11th President of Israel and will assume the post from 9th July 2021.
- 60-year-old Herzog will take place of Reuven Rivlin who has completed his tenure in July 2021 after seven years in office.
Isaac Herzog biography:
Isaac Herzog is an Israeli politician and he is also Chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel. recently, has been appointed as the President of the country. along with it, he has served as the Government Secretary between 1999 and 2001 and as a member of the Knesset from 2003 to 2018.
Tata Steel’s MD & CEO T.V. Narendran as CII’s President
T V Narendran has been appointed as the new President of the industry chamber, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2021-22. The chairman and CEO of Hero MotoCorp Ltd Pawan Munjal have been elected as the vice-president of CII for 2021-22.
- He will take place of Uday Kotak (CEO and MD of Kotak Mahindra Bank).
- T V Narendran is the MD (Managing Director) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer ) of Tata Steel.
- Prior to this, Narendran served as the president-designate of CII for 2020-21.
About Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) –
President: T V Narendran
Vice- president – Pawan Munjal
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Purpose: Policy advocacy
Motto: Charting Change Enabling Development
J B Mohapatra Gets Additional Charge as CBDT Chairman
Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra has been received the additional charge as the Chairman of CBDT. he will serve for a period of three months. Jagannath has been appointed in place of Prakash Chandra Mody, whose tenure will end on May 31st, 2021.
Who is Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra?
- Mohapatra is an Indian Revenue Service officer from 1985-batch.
- Jagannath is a member of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- He has served as the principal chief commissioner of Income Tax for the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana region.
ICC Expands Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup to 14 teams for 2027 and 2031 Tournaments
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has taken a decision to extend 14-team for the Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2027 and 2031. The ICC World Cup 2027 and 2031 will have 54-matches.
- In the ICC World Cup 2019, Only 10 teams participated in the tournament.
Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2027 and 2031
- 14 teams will be divided into two groups of seven.
- The top three teams from each group will play a Super Six stage and followed by semifinals and final matches will be held.
Sanjeet Kumar won Gold Medal in 91kg Category
The heavyweight boxer Sanjeet Kumar (India) has beaten Olympic silver-medallist Vassiliy Levit (Kazakhstan) in the 91kg and clinched the gold medal at the tournament.
- India secured 15 medals including 2 gold, 5 silver, and 8 bronze medals.
- In Men’s category, apart from Sanjeet Kumar, top-seed Amit Panghal (52kg) and Shiva Thapa (64kg) received Silver Medal
- And, Vikas Krishan Yadav (69kg) and Varinder Singh (60kg) won bronze medals.
- The Asian Amateur Boxing Championships 2021 was conducted between 24th May 2021 and 31st May 2021 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
World Bicycle Day 2021
The day of 3rd June is observed as World Bicycle Day every year across the world in order to make people aware of the benefits of using the bicycle.
- The main objective of this day is to recognize the uniqueness, longevity, and versatility of the Bicycle as a simple, affordable, reliable, clean, and environmentally fit sustainable means of transport.
- In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly declared this day to observe in the world.
World Bicycle Day 2021 theme
The theme of World Bicycle Day 2021 is “Uniqueness, versatility, and longevity of the bicycle as a simple, sustainable, economical, and reliable mode of transportation”.