Today Top Current Affairs 1 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 1 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 1 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Madhya Pradesh launches Ankur scheme to award people for planting trees
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh (MP), Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched a scheme named ‘Ankur’. under the Ankur scheme, people will be given awards for planting trees during the monsoon.
- Citizens will get the Pranvayu Award, to ensure public participation in the programme.
How to participate in the tree plantation program or ‘Ankur’ Scheme
- You will go to the Vayudoot app.
- Citizens will upload a picture while planting the sapling
- They will also have to upload another photograph after taking care of the sapling for 30 days.
- The winner names will be chosen from each district of MP and after verification, the winners will be awarded the Pranvayu Award
Stargazing -The Players in My Life Book by Ravi Shastri
The Indian Cricketer and commentator and coach, Ravi Shastri is going to release his debut book titled ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’.
- The Book highlights some 60 extraordinary talents he has met from across the world who have inspired him.
- The book will be published by HarperCollins India and will be released on June 25, 2021.
- Ayaz Memon has co-authored the book.
Mary Kom Settles with Silver Medal at 2021 Asian Boxing Championships
On 30th May 2021, Mary Kom has been defeated by to two-time world champion Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan and receieved a silver medal at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai.
- Kom gets her 2nd silver medal at the Asian Championships. prior to this, she won silver in 2008.
- In addition, Mary has clinched the world championship titles on five occasions including 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, and 2017.
- Mary Kom is a five-time Asian Championships gold medallist.
Global Day Of Parents 2021
The Global Day of Quotes is observed on 1st June every year in the world. the main purpose of this day is to honor parents.
In the year 2012, The United Nations established the day of 1st June as Global Day of Parents.
What people do on this day:
On this day, People honor their parents by bringing them gifts, wishing them through quotes.
Global Day of Parents 2021: Theme
The 2021 Global Day of Parents theme is ‘Appreciate all parents throughout the world’
The theme for the 2020 Global Day of Parents was ‘Appreciate all parents throughout the world. ‘
The theme for the 2019 Global Day of Parents was “Honor Your Parents!”
World Milk Day 2021
World Milk Day is observed on 1st June every year across the world and it aims to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
It also highlights the activities that are connected with the dairy sector. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations designated this day to observe in 2001.
The theme of 2021 is ’Sustainability in the Dairy Sector’.
- The theme 2012 – “Drink Fresh Milk, Body Fit, Smart Brain”
- The theme 2013 – “Milk for Health and Prosperity of Southeast Asian region”
- The theme 2014 – “Milk is the First Food for Human” and “World Class Nutrition”
- The theme 2015 – “Milk is the First Food for Human”
- The theme 2016 – “Raise a Glass”
- The theme 2017 – “Economic Development, Livelihoods, Nutrition”
- The theme 2018 – “Drink Move Be Strong”
- The theme 2019 – “Drink Milk: Today & Everyday”
- The theme 2020 – “20th Anniversary of World Milk Day”
Former Danish Prime Minister Poul Schlueter dies at 92
The former Prime Minister of Denmark, Poul Schlueter has passed away at the age of 92. he has served as the prime minister of the country between 1982 and 1993.
- In 1994, he was appointed to the European Parliament from 1994 to 1999.
Currency: Danish krone