Today Top Current Affairs 5 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 5 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 5 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Beijing to host 2nd UN Global Sustainable Transport Conference in October
The Second (2nd) United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference will be organized from 14-16 October 2021, in Beijing, China. Prior to this, Beijing (China) was to host the conference between 5th May 2020 and 7th May 2020. but, it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The second United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference will focus on the opportunities, challenges, and solutions towards achieving sustainable transport worldwide.
- The Conference will aim to fulfill the objectives of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement on climate change in the Decade of Action.
The theme of the second United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference will be “sustainable transport, sustainable development,”.
World Health Assembly Declares 30 January as World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day
On 28th May 2021, The World Health Assembly (WHA) has announced to celebrate ‘World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Day’ on 30th January every year. The WHA members adopted this decision during the 74th World Health Assembly (which was organized between 24th May 2021 and 1st June 2021).
- This day was observed first time informally in 2020.
World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (30 January)
World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (‘World NTD Day’) will be observed on 30th January to mark Some NTDs like snakebite envenomation, scabies, yaws, trachoma, Leishmaniasis, and Chagas disease.
- The main objective of this day will be to bring local, national, international partners together in order to eliminate NTDs & the suffering associated with these devastating diseases from the world.
Dr. R S Sodhi elected to the Board of International Dairy Federation
The International Dairy Federation (IDF) has taken the decision to appoint Dr. R S Sodhi, as its board member, to represent India during the General Assembly of the Board. his appointment will come into effect from June 01, 2021.
RS Sodhi Said: “It is an honour for me to represent the world’s largest milk producing country and contribute to promoting Sustainable Goals of dairying and also meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals,”
More About Dr. R S Sodhi
- His full name is Rupinder Singh Sodhi.
- He joined GCMMF (Amul) in the year 1982 after completing his post-graduation from IRMA.
- He is serving as Managing Director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, Ltd. (AMUL).
- he also has been the head of the Marketing and Sales function of Amul for more than two decades.
- he also headed various campaigns such as (1) Promoting milk as ‘world’s original energy drink’ & (2) ‘Eat Milk’ campaign motivating Indian youth to include dairy products in every meal and (3) Amul Doodh Peeta Hai India. (Source: nfn.org.in)
Adar Poonawalla takes charge as Magma Fincorp Chairman
On 31st May 2021, Mumbai-based NBFC, Magma Fincorp Limited has decided to appoint Adar Poonawalla as its Chairman.
- Apart from this, The Board also has appointed Abhay Bhutada as MD and Vijay Deshwal as CEO at Magma Fincorp.
- c Mr. Deshwal will also serve as the Group CEO of Poonawalla Group’s financial services business.
About Magma Fincorp Limited
- Magma Fincorp Limited (“Magma”) is a Mumbai-based non-deposit-taking non-banking Finance Company (NBFC) and registered with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh Takes Charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff
On 1st June 2021, Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh has assumed the post of the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff. Ravneet took sworn to serve as next the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff. Ravneet is a recipient of the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), and Nausena Medal (NM).
- Ravneet Singh has replaced Vice Admiral M S Pawar who superannuated on May 31, 2021.
- Vice Admiral M S Pawar is also a Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM), AVSM, Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) holder.
About Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh
- Ravneet is an officer in the Indian Navy and has served as the Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff.
- He has specialized in aviation, also has held numerous challenging command, staff, and diplomatic assignments during his distinguished naval career.
- Singh has a wide-ranging experience onboard diverse platforms.
- Ravneet has flown Kiran HJT 16, HT-2, TS 11 Iskra, Hunter, Harrier Gr 3, Jet Provost, Chetak, Gazelle, Hawk, and Mig 29 KUB aircraft.
Microsoft launches first-ever Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council
Microsoft has launched the first Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council in order to establish a strong communications channel for addressing cyber threats and sharing best practices across the participating countries.
first Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council:
- it will include 15 policymakers from Brunei, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
- The cybersecurity professionals from Microsoft will provide their supports to such policymakers.
Role and Need of Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council:
- The main role of this council will be to accelerate public-private partnerships in cybersecurity and will also share threat intelligence.
- it will also make a strong and coordinated response against cyberattacks in the region.
- Moreover, the council will ensure to maintain a continuous exchange of information on threats and solutions.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2021
The day of 4th June is observed as International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression every year around the world to protect the rights of children.
- The main objective of this day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children in the world who get the victims of physical, mental, and emotional abuse from others.
The United Nations established this day to celebrate on 19 August 1982, with a focus on victims of the 1982 Lebanon War.
World Environment Day 2021
World Environment Day (WED) is celebrated on 05 June every year around the world. it aims to create awareness and encourage people to take action for the protection of our environment. in 2021, Pakisthan will host 2021 World Environment Day.
In the year 1972, The UN General Assembly established this day to tackle the emerging environmental issues of pollution, global warming, human overpopulation, sustainable consumption and wildlife crime.
The theme for World Environment Day 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration”. This World Environment Day will begin the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030)
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|