Today Top Current Affairs 1st June 2022 – Current Affairs – 1st June 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM Modi Unveils PM CARES for Children Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a series of schemes for students and children affected by the pandemic under the PM CARES for Children scheme.
- Rs 4,000 would be provided through various schemes to meet the daily needs of children who lost their parents to Covid-19 and who are aged between 18 to 23 years.
- financial support for schooling, scholarships for higher education, and free treatment up to Rs 5 lakh will be provided.
- Scholarships were transferred to school-going children as well as a passbook of PM CARES for Children, and a health card under Ayushman Bharat.
Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai Launched AAYU App
Karnataka Chief Minister Shri Basavaraj Bommai has launched a new health and wellness app named “AAYU”. the main purpose of the AAYU App is to address and help heal chronic diseases and lifestyle disorders through yoga.
- Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) developed the AAYU App with RESET TECH, an AI-driven integrated health-tech platform in order to deal with chronic diseases and lifestyle conditions through yoga and meditation.
- It will offer personalised wellness solutions and offer doctor consultations based on an individual’s personal history and monitor its progress enabling them to accelerate healing and recovery.
- It can be accessible in various languages.
LIC Launches Savings Life Insurance Plan Bima Ratna
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings life insurance plan named “Bima Ratna”. The new plan aims at the domestic market, and provides both protection and savings.
- It can be purchased through Corporate Agents, Insurance Marketing Firms (IMF), Brokers, CPSC-SPV, and POSP-LI engaged by these intermediaries viz. Corporate Agents, Insurance Marketing Firms (IMF), and Brokers.
Science & Technology
PARAM ANANTA Supercomputer commissioned at IIT Gandhinagar
Param Ananta is a state of the art supercomputer at IIT Gandhinagar dedicated to the nation under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM), which was commissioned.
- PARAM ANANTA is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- This indigenous software stack has been developed by C-DAC and is a Make in India initiative.
- On 12th October 2020, IIT Gandhinagar and the Centre signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Development in Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and was to establish this 838 TeraFlops Supercomputing Facility under NSM.
Justice Mohanty gets additional charge of Lokpal chairperson
Pradip Kumar Mohanty has been given the additional charge of Lokpal chairperson by President Ram Nath Kovind after justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose completed his term as the Lokpal chief.
- Currently, there are six members in the Lokpal.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to justice Ghose as the Lokpal chairperson.
- The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act envisages the appointment of a Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayuktas in states to look into cases of corruption against certain categories of public servants. the act was passed in 2013.
World Vape Day 2022
Every year, World Vape Day is observed on 30th May across the globe. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness about the alternatives to harmful tobacco products and highlights the relative safety of e-cigarettes and their potential as harm reduction and smoking cessation tools.
- World Vape Day (May 30th) is observed on the day before World No Tobacco Day which falls on May 31st),
- This day is observed by the World Health Organisation(WHO).
- World Vape Day was started by the World Vapers’ Alliance(WVA).
Global Day of Parents 2022
The Global Day of Parents is observed on 1st June every year in the world. it promotes understanding and appreciation for the role parents play in their children’s lives. this day aims to raise awareness about the importance of quality parenting and family life.
- In the year 2012, The United Nations established the day of 1st June as Global Day of Parents.
- On this day, People honour their parents by bringing them gifts and wishing them through quotes.
- The theme for Global Parent Day 2022 is ‘Family Awareness’,
World Milk Day 2022
World Milk Day is observed on 1st June every year across the world and it aims to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
- It also highlights the activities that are connected with the dairy sector. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations designated this day to observe in 2001.
- The theme for World Milk Day 2022 will focus on drawing attention to the climate change crisis and how the dairy industry can lessen its environmental impact.
Daily Current Affairs 1st June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.