Science and Technology
PARAM ANANTA Supercomputer commissioned at IIT Gandhinagar
PARAM ANANTA Supercomputer commissioned at IIT Gandhinagar– Param Ananta is a state of the art supercomputer at IIT Gandhinagar dedicated to the nation under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM), which was commissioned.
- PARAM ANANTA is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- This indigenous software stack has been developed by C-DAC and is a Make in India initiative.
- On 12th October 2020, IIT Gandhinagar and the Centre signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Development in Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and was to establish this 838 TeraFlops Supercomputing Facility under NSM.
- The system is equipped with a mix of CPU nodes, GPU nodes, high memory nodes, high throughput storage, and high-performance Infiniband interconnect in order to meet the computing needs of various scientific and engineering applications.
- The Param Ananta is effective and thereby reduces the operational cost.
- The Param Ananta Supercomputing Facility will offer artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), data science; computational fluid dynamics (CFD); bio-engineering for genome sequencing and DNA studies.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.