Today Top Current Affairs 19 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM Modi launched India’s first 5G testbed
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the country’s first 5G testbed to enable start-ups and industry players to test their products locally, thereby reducing dependence on facilities abroad.
- The 5G testbed had been set up at a cost of about ₹220 crores.
- The testbed facility will be available at 5 different locations.
- It was an important step towards self-reliance in the direction of critical and modern technologies in the telecom sector, PM Modi said at the silver jubilee celebrations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- startups and other industry players used to go abroad to test and validate their products for installation in a 5G network in the absence of a 5G testbed.
India becomes 4th largest vehicle market, overtakes Germany
As per the report, was released by Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d’Automobiles (OICA), India has overtaken Germany and has become the 4th largest vehicle market in the world.
- China has been placed at 1st position in the terms of the largest vehicle market in the World.
- followed by the US and Japan are at the 2nd and 3rd place.
- India sold 3,759,398 vehicles in 2021 as compared to 2,973,319 vehicles in Germany.
Wangari Maathai Forest Champions’ Award 2022
Cameroon Activist, Cécile Ndjebet has received the Wangari Maathai Forest Champions Award 2022 in recognition of her outstanding contribution to preserving forests and improving the lives of people who depend on them.
- Wangari Maathai Forest Champions’ award celebrates Cécile Ndjebet’s energy and dedication over three decades to promoting women’s rights to land and forests.
- Cameroon Activist, Cécile Ndjebet has actively shown that women’s participation in forest governance and preservation is fundamental to achieving sustainable forest management.
Eicher Motors named B Govindarajan as new CEO of Royal Enfield
Eicher Motors has decided to appoint B Govindarajan as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Royal Enfield. B Govindarajan will also serve as the Wholetime Director of the Board of Eicher Motors Limited.
- Since 2021 August, He was serving the company as the executive director, prior to which he was associated as the chief operating officer in 2013.
- Govindarajan helped in the development of the Himalayan, Continental GT 650 and Interceptor INT 650 and the recent J-platform based Meteor and Classic 350 models.
- He has worked for almost 23 years across Royal Enfield and Eicher Motors.
Dr Kamal Bawa Elected to US’ National Academy of Sciences
India-born conservation biologist Dr Kamal Bawa has been elected to the US National Academy of Sciences. Dr Kamal Bawa is also president of the Bengaluru-based Ashoka Trust for Research and Ecology and Environment (ATREE).
- He is also an elected fellow of the Royal Society (London) and the American Philosophical Society.
- Dr Bawa brought together a few scientists from India’s leading institutions to develop the National Mission on Biodiversity and Human Wellbeing under the banner of the Biodiversity Collaborative which got the backing of the office of the principal scientific adviser to the Indian Government and is currently funded by the Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies.
Macron names Elisabeth Borne as France’s new prime minister
Centrist politician Elisabeth Borne has been elected as France’s new prime minister and becomes only the second woman in history to hold the post after Edith Cresson, who was Prime Minister from 1991-to 1992 under Socialist President Francois Mitterrand.
- 61 years old Borne succeeds Jean Castex, whose resignation on Monday was expected after Macron’s reelection last month to a second five-year term.
- She became CEO in 2015 of the state-owned transport company RATP.
World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022
World AIDS Vaccine Day is observed on 18th May every year across the world. it is also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day. this day creates awareness and provides information about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), a chronic, potentially life-threatening condition caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and its immunisation.
- It aims to promote the continued urgent need for a vaccine for the prevention of HIV infection and AIDS.
- in 1998, World AIDS Vaccine Day was observed on 18 May for the first time to mark the anniversary of Clinton’s speech.
- The theme for World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022 is not announced yet.
Daily Current Affairs 19th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.