PM Modi launched India’s first 5G testbed – Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the country’s first 5G testbed to enable start-ups and industry players to test their products locally, thereby reducing dependence on facilities abroad.
- The 5G testbed had been set up at a cost of about ₹220 crores.
- The testbed facility will be available at 5 different locations.
- It was an important step towards self-reliance in the direction of critical and modern technologies in the telecom sector, PM Modi said at the silver jubilee celebrations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- startups and other industry players used to go abroad to test and validate their products for installation in a 5G network in the absence of a 5G testbed.
- IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IISc Bangalore, Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering & Research (SAMEER) and Centre of Excellence in Wireless Technology (CEWiT) participated in the project.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.