Wangari Maathai Forest Champions’ Award 2022 – Cameroon Activist, Cécile Ndjebet has received the Wangari Maathai Forest Champions Award 2022 in recognition of her outstanding contribution to preserving forests and improving the lives of people who depend on them.
- Wangari Maathai Forest Champions’ award celebrates Cécile Ndjebet’s energy and dedication over three decades to promoting women’s rights to land and forests.
- Cameroon Activist, Cécile Ndjebet has actively shown that women’s participation in forest governance and preservation is fundamental to achieving sustainable forest management.
Wangari Maathai Forest Champions Award
- The Collaborative Partnership on Forests (CPF) presented this award and CPF is chaired by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
- The award was presented at a ceremony during the XV World Forestry Congress in Seoul, the Republic of Korea.
Previous Wangari Maathai Forest Champion Award winners
- Nepalese community forestry movement leader Narayan Kaji Shrestha (2012),
- Mexican environmental campaigner Martha Isabel ‘Pati’ Ruiz Corzo (2014),
- Ugandan forestry activist Gertrude Kabusimbi Kenyangi (2015),
- Brazilian forestry activist Maria Margarida Ribeiro da Silva (2017),
- Burundian forestry activist Léonidas Nzigiyimpa (2019).
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.