Today Top Current Affairs 10 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
26 December declared as Veer Baal Diwas
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced to celebrate 26th December as ‘Veer Baal Diwas’ to mark the courage of the Sahibzades and their quest for justice. PM Modi has declared this day on the auspicious occasion of Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti on January 9, 2022.
- Veer Baal Diwas also marks the day when Sahibzada Zorawar Singh Ji and Sahibzada Fateh Singh Ji attained martyrdom after being sealed alive in a wall.
Centre to organize the FIRST EVER Startup India Innovation Week from 10th -16th of January 2022
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has celebrated the first-ever Startup India Innovation Week. 1st Startup India Innovation Week will be observed from 10th -16th of January 2022.
- The main purpose of it is to commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- It will also showcase the spread and depth of entrepreneurship in the country.
- Candidates can make the registration for the event through @https://www.startupindiainnovationweek.in.
SBI General Insurance launches awareness campaign on tax-saving
SBI General Insurance has launched a campaign named #BahaneChhodoTaxBachao in order to create awareness of Indians around the need to buy health insurance to save tax.
- The campaign #BahaneChhodoTaxBachao will include benefits of opting for health insurance.
- The campaign will remove the barriers people have for not buying or procrastinating to buy health insurance.
- anchor Rudraksha Singh aka Rudy travels across major cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi and Kolkata and is asking people to offer excuses for not buying/opting for health insurance.
India Forex Reserves dropped By USD 1.466 Billion To USD 633.614 Billion
As per the RBI data, India’s foreign exchange reserves have been declined by USD 1.466 billion to USD 633.614 billion in the week ended December 31st, 2021. in the week ended September 3, 2021, India’s foreign exchange reserves reached a lifetime high of USD 642.453 billion.
- The reason behind this was a decline in foreign exchange reserves was on account of a fall in foreign currency assets (FCA), a major component of the overall reserves.
India joins in US-led six nations Exercise Sea Dragon 22
India is participating in a multi-lateral anti-submarine warfare exercise in the Pacific Ocean with other five Indo-Pacific nations including the US, Australia, Canada, Japan and South Korea. the Sea Dragon 22 exercise was started on January 5th, 2022 at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam in the Western Pacific.
- Each event will have grades and scores. the nation that will score the highest total points will be honoured with the coveted Dragon Belt award, which the Royal Canadian Air Force won last year.
Reliance acquires 73.37% in New York’s Mandarin Oriental hotel
Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Limited have acquired the entire share capital of Columbus Centre Corporation, Cayman Islands, for an equity consideration of $98.15 million (Rs 735 crores in Indian Currency).
- Columbus Centre is the indirect owner of a 73.37% stake in Mandarin Oriental New York and it is one of the premium luxury hotels in New York City.
Navrang Saini gets extension as interim chief of IBBI for three months
The govt of India has announced to extend the tenure of Navrang Saini as interim Chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) for three more months. Navrang will continue serving as interim Chairperson till March 05, 2022.
- Navrang Saini assumed the additional charge of Chairperson in October 2021 for three months till January 13, 2022.
- He is a Whole Time Member of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
MD & CEO of CSB Bank C V R Rajendran to retire on 31st March
Kerala-based CSB Bank’s managing director and chief executive officer CVR Rajendran have announced to take retirement on health grounds.
- Rajendran will retire on 31st March 2022 and his term was set to end only on 8 December 2022.
- Rajendran was appointed as MD & CEO of CSB Bank since December 9, 2016.
OPEC appoints Kuwait’s Haitham Al Ghais as new secretary-general
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has decided to elect Kuwaiti oil executive Haitham Al Ghais as its new secretary-general.
- Haitham Al Ghais will serve as its new secretary-general for a period of three years.
- He will replace Nigeria’s Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, who is serving the post since August 01, 2016.
- Opec+ has planned to increase production by 400,000 barrels per day in February.
‘Mamata: Beyond 2021’ book by Jayanta Ghosal
A new book titled ‘Mamata Beyond 2021’ will be released on January 24, 2022. the book is based on West Bengal CM and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee.
- The Launch of the book was announced on the birthday of Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister (CM) of West Bengal and the leader of the Trinamool Congress (TMC) party on 5th January 2022.
- The book has been authored by political journalist Jayanta Ghosal and translated by Arunava Sinha.
- The book will be published by HarperCollins India.
Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India by Dhirendra K. Jha
On 4th January 2022, A new book titled Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India, has been released and the book has been authored by a Delhi-based journalist Dhirendra K. Jha under Vintage Books publication.
- The book highlights Godse’s relationship with the organizations that influenced his worldview and the gradual hardening of his resolve and the fateful decisions that eventually led to Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination.
First black man to win Best Actor Oscar, Sidney Poitier Died at 94
Bahamian-American actor Sidney Poitier has passed away at the age of 94. Poitier won an Academy Award for Best Actor in 1964 for a film in Arizona, Lilies of the Field. he won the Best Actor Oscar award and became the first black man to win the Best Actor Oscar.
- He was honoured with the US Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2009 by President Obama for his work.
- Sidney Poitier began his career as an actor in theatre in the 1940s and also worked both as an actor and director.
- the last appearance of Sidney Poitier on screen was in the 1997 film Jackal.
World Hindi Day 2022
Every year, World Hindi Day is observed on January 10 across the world. the main purpose of the day is to promote the language on the global stage.
- It also marks the anniversary of the first World Hindi Conference which was inaugurated on 10th January 1975 by prime minister Indira Gandhi.
- World Hindi Day was celebrated for the first time on 10 January 2006 and was commenced by former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
- The language got its name from the Persian term ‘Hind’ which means ‘the land of Indus’.
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2022
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) is observed on 9th January every year by the Republic of India. this day is also known as Non-Resident Indian Day.
- The main purpose of this day is to mark the favours and contributions made by Non-Resident Indians towards the welfare and development of the country.
- In 2022, India celebrates its 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas
- On this day, Mahatma Gandhi returned from South Africa to India in 1915 and led India’s freedom struggle.
- Ministry of External Affairs also conducted a virtual youth PBD conference and its theme was ‘the role of the Indian diaspora.’
- Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas conventions were conducted on annual basis from 2003 till 2015.
Daily Current Affairs 10th January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.