Today Top Current Affairs 10 November 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
10th November 2022 Daily Current Affairs
3 Indian women feature in 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen List
Forbes Asia has released its annual ‘Asia’s Power Businesswomen’ list which features 20 women from the Asia-Pacific region. The list of women bosses also features three Indians as well.
Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022: Ghazal Alagh
- The first Indian woman in Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022 is Ghazal Alagh, who is co-founder and chief innovation officer of Honasa Consumer, Mamaearth’s parent firm.
- In 2016, She began a Gurgaon-based company with her husband Varun who is the CEO.
- In January this year, Alagh’s company turned into a unicorn.
Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022: Soma Mondal
- The second Indian businesswoman on the list is Soma Mondal, who is serving as chairperson of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), the first to chair the state-run company.
Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022: Namita Thapar
- Namita Thapar, who is the executive director at the India business of Emcure Pharma, has been named the third Indian for Forbes Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022 list.
State of Food and Agriculture Report 2022
UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has released one of its annual flagship reports named “State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA)“, aimed at providing comprehensive insights into the various issues related to the field of food and agriculture based on science-based assessment.
- The report is based on 27 case studies and analyzed the business case for the adoption of these digital automation technologies across various agricultural production systems in the world.
- As per the report, the Agriculture sector in high-income countries in North America, Europe, and Oceania are highly mechanized since the 1960s.
- Only 10 of the 27 service providers are profitable and financially sustainable.
QS Asia University Rankings 2023
The 15th edition of the QS World University Rankings: Asia features 757 institutions – up from 687 last year. as per the QS Asia University Rankings 2023, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has been ranked as the best educational education in Southern Asia, and IIT Delhi ranks second in the region.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is placed at the 52nd spot followed by IIT Madras (53), IIT Kharagpur (61), IIT Kanpur (66), and University of Delhi (85), as per the data released today by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), a UK-based ranking authority.
QS Asia University Rankings 2023: Indian Universities
- IIT Bombay (40th)
- IIT Delhi (46th)
- IISc Bangalore (52)
- IIT Madras (53)
- IIT Kharagpur (61)
- IIT Kanpur (66)
- University of Delhi (85)
- IIT Roorkee (114)
- JNU (119)
- IIT Guwahati (124)
- VIT Vellore (173)
- University of Calcutta (181)
- Jadavpur University (182)
- Anna University (185)
- Chandigarh University (185)
- IIT Indore (185)
- BITS Pilani (188)
- Jamia Millia Islamia (188)
- Amity University Noida (200)
Justice DY Chandrachud to Take Oath As New Chief Justice of India
Senior-most Supreme Court judge and Chief Justice of India-designate Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud will be the 50th head of the Indian judiciary after administering the oath of office by President Draupadi Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhawan. Justice Chandrachud will serve as the CJI for a period of two years till November 10, 2024. Supreme Court judges retire at the age of 65.
- Justice Chandrachud was born on November 11, 1959, and was elevated to the top court on May 13, 2016.
- He holds BA with Honours in Economics from St Stephen’s College, New Delhi.
- Justice Chandrachud completed his LLB from Campus Law Centre, Delhi University, and completed an LLM degree and a Doctorate in Juridical Sciences (SJD) from Harvard Law School, USA.
- Justice Chandrachud was designated as a senior advocate by the Bombay High Court in June 1998
- He also became an Additional Solicitor General in the same year till his appointment as a judge.
- His illustrious father YV Chandrachud was the longest-serving Chief Justice of India (CJI) and remained at the helm from February 22, 1978, to July 11, 1985.
“Winning the Inner Battle” Book by Shane Watson
A new book titled “Winning the Inner Battle Bringing the best version of you to cricket” has been authored by Former Australian Cricketer Shane Watson. This book offers all of the information that you will ever need to deeply understand how to bring the best version of yourself every time your best performance is needed.
- Shane Watson’s new book, Winning The Inner Battle, analyzes the mental side of the game through his own experiences of revitalizing his career after he had considered retirement in 2015.
Ghaem-100 Satellite: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard launches New Satellite-Carrying Rocket
Iran’s powerful paramilitary Revolutionary Guard has launched a new satellite-carrying rocket called Ghaem-100 Satellite, aimed at seeking to demonstrate the hard-line force’s prowess even as anti-government protests rage across the country.
- The Ghaem 100 is Iran’s first three-stage launch vehicle and it is able to place satellites weighing 80 kg (180 pounds) in an orbit 500 km (300 miles) from the earth’s surface, said IRNA.
- Iran sent several short-lived satellites into orbit and also launched a monkey into space in 2013.
- Iran successfully launched its first military satellite in April 2020 and draws a sharp rebuke from Washington.
ICC Hall of Fame: Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Charlotte Edwards and Abdul Qadir inducted
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the latest legends Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Charlotte Edwards, and Abdul Qadir who join the prestigious list of cricketing greats that make up the ICC Hall of Fame. West Indies great Shivnarine Chanderpaul, England Women’s team legend Charlotte Edwards and Pakistan legend Abdul Qadir received inductees number 107, 108, and 109 respectively.
International Cricket Council (ICC) –
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Motto: Cricket for good.
- Founded: 15 June 1909
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- General Manager: Wasim Khan
- Subsidiary: Asian Cricket Council
International Week of Science and Peace 2022
Every year, International Week of Science and Peace is observed from November 9 to November 14 around the globe. United Nations (UN) adopted this initiative to make people contribute towards the encouragement and promotion of peace across the globe.
- people across the world inspire and promote peace in their countries and also develop advanced technology for better living.
- In 1986, The International Week of Science and Peace was first celebrated as part of the observance of the International Year of Peace.
- The organization of events and activities for the week was launched as a non-governmental initiative; the secretariat for the International Year of Peace was informed of the preparatory activities and the final summary of events that occurred during the week.
- The events aimed to encourage the broadest possible international participation in the observance.
World Science Day For Peace And Development 2022
Every year, World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed on 10th November. it aims to highlight the significant role of science in society and the urgent need to engage the public in debates on scientific issues.
- The main objective of this day is to recognize the importance of science in keeping the fabric of society intact and flourishing.
- The theme 2022 for World Science Day for Peace and Development is – Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development.
- In 2001, World Science Day for Peace and Development witnessed many projects, programs, and funding for science around the world, aimed at developing cooperation between scientists living in regions affected by conflict, such as the UNESCO-supported creation of the Israeli-Palestinian Science Organization (IPSO).
National Legal Services Day 2022
In India, “National Legal Services Day” is observed on 9th November every year by all Legal Services Authorities. the main objective of this day is to commemorate the enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- It also aims to raise awareness about the constitutions and related legal services which are available for Indian Citizens so that they can live a discrimination-free life.
- National Legal Services Day offers support and helps to weaker sections of society including Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, women, disabled persons, natural calamities victims, and human trafficking victims.
- It also makes citizens educate about the various aspects of the Legal Services Authorities Act and litigants’ rights.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.