Justice DY Chandrachud to Take Oath As New Chief Justice of India – Senior-most Supreme Court judge and Chief Justice of India-designate Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud will be the 50th head of the Indian judiciary after administering the oath of office by President Draupadi Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhawan. Justice Chandrachud will serve as the CJI for a period of two years till November 10, 2024. Supreme Court judges retire at the age of 65.
- Justice Chandrachud was born on November 11, 1959, and was elevated to the top court on May 13, 2016.
- He holds BA with Honours in Economics from St Stephen’s College, New Delhi.
- Justice Chandrachud completed his LLB from Campus Law Centre, Delhi University, and completed an LLM degree and a Doctorate in Juridical Sciences (SJD) from Harvard Law School, USA.
- Justice Chandrachud was designated as a senior advocate by the Bombay High Court in June 1998
- He also became an Additional Solicitor General in the same year till his appointment as a judge.
- His illustrious father YV Chandrachud was the longest-serving Chief Justice of India (CJI) and remained at the helm from February 22, 1978, to July 11, 1985.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.