State of Food and Agriculture Report 2022 – UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has released one of its annual flagship reports named “State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA)“, aimed at providing comprehensive insights into the various issues related to the field of food and agriculture based on science-based assessment.
- The report is based on 27 case studies and analyzed the business case for the adoption of these digital automation technologies across various agricultural production systems in the world.
- As per the report, the Agriculture sector in high-income countries in North America, Europe, and Oceania are highly mechanized since the 1960s.
- Only 10 of the 27 service providers are profitable and financially sustainable.
Flagship Publications By FAO:
- The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture (SOFIA).
- The State of the World’s Forests (SOFO).
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World (SOFI).
- The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA).
- The State of Agricultural Commodity Markets (SOCO).
- World Food Price Index.