Important Events of 24 April
- 1704 – The first regular newspaper in British Colonial America, The Boston News-Letter, was published.
- 1926 – The Treaty of Berlin was signed between Germany and the Soviet Union
- 1970 – China launched Dong Fang Hong I
World Day for Laboratory Animals
World Day for Laboratory Animals is marked on 24th April annually across the world. this day is also known as The World Day For Animals In Laboratories (WDAIL) and World Lab Animal Day.
- The main purpose of this day is to eliminate the suffering of animals in laboratories around the world.
- this day also promotes their replacement with advanced scientific non-animal techniques.
- the National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS) declared this day to observe in the year 1979 as an “international day of commemoration” for animals in laboratories.
International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
The International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace is observed on 24th April every year.
- The main objective of this day is to boost knowledge regarding the advantages of multilateralism and diplomacy for peace, including through educational and public awareness-raising activities.
- in December 2018, the UN General Assembly announced to observe this day, and on 24th April 2019, this day was celebrated for the first time.
National Panchayati Raj Day
The National Panchayati Raj Day is observed on 24th April by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj every year in India. this day is also known as National Local Self-Government day.
- the day aims to celebrate the Panchayati Raj System in the country.
- On 24th April 2010, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared to observe National Panchayati Raj Day.
- On that day, the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 was passed.
World Veterinary Day
The World Veterinary Day is observed on the Fourth (4th) Saturday of April every year. in 2021, it falls on 24th April.
- it purposes to celebrate the contributions of veterinarians to the health of animals and society.
- The theme 2021 of the World Veterinary Day is ‘Veterinarian response to the COVID-19 crisis.’