Daily Current Affairs 12th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Govt Extends Rooftop Solar Scheme Till March 2026
Central Government has extended the Rooftop Solar Programme till 31 March 2026. Under the Rooftop Solar Programme, The subsidy under the programme will be provided until the target in the country. Central Government also advised all residential consumers to not pay any additional charges to any vendor on account of fees for application on the National Portal or any additional charges for net-metering/testing which are not prescribed by the respective distribution company.
- The subsidy under National Portal is fixed at Rs 14,588 per kW (for capacity up to 3 kW).
Rooftop Solar Programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Portal for Rooftop Solar on 30/07/2022.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India is implementing a Grid-connected Rooftop Solar Scheme (Phase-II) to generate solar power by installing solar panels on the roof of houses.
- Under this scheme, Ministry is providing a 40% subsidy for the first 3 kW and a 20% subsidy beyond 3 kW and up to 10 kW.
World Bank’s Flagship Gender Toolkit Launched
A Gender Toolkit based on “Enabling gender-responsive urban mobility and public spaces” has been launched by the World Bank and the Chennai Urban Metropolitan Transport Authority during a session. The World Bank has developed two toolkits that summarize a four-pillar implementation structure for urban entities to create a gender-responsive urban transportation and public spaces program.
Assessing the ground situation:
- It involves evaluating the current reality on the ground including comprehending gender variations in mobility patterns, safety issues, and infrastructure and policy inadequacies.
Strengthening planning and policies:
- The second pillar is for improving planning and policies, which calls for incorporating gender as a lens into plans and encouraging gender inclusion among institutions and policymakers.
World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, and Nykaa founder Falguni Nayar have been named among six Indians who have made it to the Forbes’ annual list of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”. as per World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list, the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is ranked at 36 and named for the fourth time in a row. prior to this, she was ranked at number 37 in the list in 2021, while she was in the 41st spot in 2020 and 34th in 2019.
World’s 100 Most Powerful Women:
- European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen has topped the 19th annual Forbes list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- followed by, European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde and US Vice President Kamala Harris are ranked in 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- Iran’s Jina “Mahsa” Amini has posthumously made it to the influential list.
Author Mansi Gulati released her Book ‘Miracles of Face Yoga’
The Founder of Manasvani, Mansi Gulati has released her book titled ‘Miracles of Face Yoga’, and devoted her efforts to learning everything possible about yoga practices and philosophy. President of India Droupadi Murmu appreciated her book ‘Miracles of Face Yoga’. Mansi Gulati is an international Yogi, celebrated author, and thought leader.
- Mansi Gulati is having over 25 years of experience in yoga along with many international and national certifications.
- she took the help of numerous sources to perfect her knowledge and skills throughout her learning experience.
Govt appointed Meenesh C Shah as the Managing Director of NDDB
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has appointed Meenesh C Shah as its Managing Director (MD) with effect from November 15. Varsha Joshi, the Joint Secretary in the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India, was given the additional charge of the post of Chairman, NDDB, from December 1, 2020, to May 31, 2021.
- Meenesh C Shah was functioning as the Executive Director, of NDDB, and was holding the additional charge of the Chairman of NDDB from June 1, 2021, to November 14, 2022.
- Shah has been appointed as Managing Director (MD) with effect from November 15, 2022.
Ashok Leyland appoints Shenu Agarwal as MD & CEO
Hinduja group flagship Ashok Leyland has appointed Shenu Agarwal as the company’s managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) with immediate effect. Agarwal was serving as the president at Escorts Kubota and was also the company’s agribusiness CEO for more than seven years.
- Agarwal will role in driving the technology development, growth, and future strategy for Ashok Leyland toward achieving its vision to be among the top 10 commercial vehicle (CV) players globally.
- Agarwal holds an MBA from Duke University, USA, and a B.Tech. from NIT Kurukshetra,
- He has more than 30 years of experience.
- He worked across sales and marketing, product development, R&D, strategy, and project management.
McLaughlin-Levrone & Mondo Duplantis won World Athlete of the Year 2022 awards
World champion American hurdler Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone and Swedish pole vaulter Mondo Duplantis won the World Athlete of the year awards. McLaughlin-Levrone has broken the world women’s 400m hurdles record twice and on the other hand, and Duplantis made three new world highs in 2022.
- Swedish pole vaulter Mondo Duplantis received the award for the second time in three years with three world records in 2022 plus the men’s world indoor title in March and the world outdoor gold in July.
- World Athletics has named Adriana Vilagoš of Serbia who recorded 15 top-three finishes in 16 javelin competitions and American Erriyon Knighton their Rising Star of the Year winners.
- Adriana Vilagoš of Serbia won silver at the multi-sport European Championships in Munich, and gold medals at the Mediterrean Games and World U20 Championships.
Eden Hazard announced his retirement from International Football
Belgium captain Eden Hazard announced his retirement from international football after Belgium’s early exit from the FIFA World Cup 2022. Belgium star Eden Hazard scored 33 goals in 126 international appearances. Hazard made his international debut in 2008.
- He was also the captain of Belgium in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Hazard was the standard-bearer of Belgium’s much-vaunted “golden generation”, which reached the semi-finals at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- they lost to eventual champions France and beat England in the third-placed playoff.
International Day of Neutrality 2022
Every year, the International Day of Neutrality is observed on 12th December across the world. International Day of Neutrality is a day when people look at the possibility of a world free of armed and other types of conflicts.
- In 2017, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the day of advocating and campaigning for intra-state peaceful relations. Switzerland serves as the perfect example of neutrality.
- The United Nations General Assembly decided to establish without a vote resolution 71/275, December 12 as the International Day of Neutrality proposed by Turkmenistan on 2nd February 2017.
- The country was recognized by the United Nations as a permanently neutral state since December 1995.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.