Central Government has extended the Rooftop Solar Programme till 31 March 2026. Under the Rooftop Solar Programme, The subsidy under the programme will be provided until the target in the country. Central Government also advised all residential consumers to not pay any additional charges to any vendor on account of fees for application on the National Portal or any additional charges for net-metering/testing which are not prescribed by the respective distribution company.
- The subsidy under National Portal is fixed at Rs 14,588 per kW (for capacity up to 3 kW).
Rooftop Solar Programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Portal for Rooftop Solar on 30/07/2022.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India is implementing a Grid-connected Rooftop Solar Scheme (Phase-II) to generate solar power by installing solar panels on the roof of houses.
- Under this scheme, Ministry is providing a 40% subsidy for the first 3 kW and a 20% subsidy beyond 3 kW and up to 10 kW.
Rooftop Solar Scheme: How to Apply
Download Sandes App & Register in the portal with the following
- Select your State
- Select your Electricity Distribution Company
- Enter your Electricity Consumer Number
- Enter Mobile Number
- Enter Email
- Please follow as per the direction from the portal
- Login with Consumer Number & Mobile Number
- Apply for the Rooftop Solar as per the form
- Wait for the feasibility approval from DISCOM.
- Once you get the feasibility approval install the plant by any of the registered vendors in your DISCOM
- Once installation is over, submit the plant details and apply for a net meter
- After installation of net meter and inspection by DISCOM, they will generate commissioning certificate from portal
- Once you got the commissioning report submit bank account details and a cancelled cheque through the portal. Subsidy will come your account within 30 working days.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App